Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Alex Guarin Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 15, 2007, 08:44 AM
    Flame will not stay lit
    My HVAC is 'Day and Night Forced Air" and my problem is the flame after it is ignited by the auto pilot will not stay, the auto system goes to its cycle of purgingand lightoff but the flame will not stay lit. I already ensure that the furnace doors are placed properly and I believe my thermostat is working properly becuase I could turn on and turn off the unit.
    Please help me troubleshoot and please provide information where I could buy replacement parts for the faulty parts of" Day and Night" Forced Air HVAC.
    Thank you
    letmetellu Posts: 3,151, Reputation: 317
    Ultra Member

Jan 15, 2007, 10:57 AM
    Do you know if your furnace has a pilot or a hot surface ignitor? If it has a hot surface ignitor your problem may be the flame sensor, this is a small wire looking thing that is sticking up into the flame of one of the burners. It is mounted on a ceramic post attached to the heater with one screw. Take this out of the furnace and use a fine sandpaper or steel wool to polish the part that looks like a wire. Re-install it and see if it works.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Water heater pilot light will not stay lit [ 43 Answers ]

The pilot light on my gas water heater will not stay lit. I can light the pilot light, but when I release the valve, it goes out.

My pilot light won't stay lit [ 6 Answers ]

Help,I have two problems.. My upstairs furnace pilot light will light,and after holding down the pilot button for about 3-4 minutes(it says one minute,but it won't stay lit after only one)it stays,but will go out again in a day or two... The furnace for the downstairs won't light at all.. I can't...

Burners won't light, or, stay lit [ 3 Answers ]

1'st time trying to turn heat on with new furnace-- hot surface ignition system -- burners don't light , or, stay lit -- can't tell which. Any special sequence needed to light? Any help appreciated

Burners do not stay lit. [ 3 Answers ]

Burners do not stay lit. I have a brand new Goodman GPG13 package unit with a 138,000 BTU natural gas furnace. The furnace has six (6) burners and an electronic spark ignition. All burners light, then (after about one (1) minute) the bottom burner or bottom two burners sputter or just go out may...

Burners won't stay lit [ 2 Answers ]

-- need more help in figuring out flame sensor or roll out switch - Weather King --- ICECO --- 80 PJ --- forced air --- Honeywell valve (on/off switch)---burners light for 1 or 2 seconds, then go out

View more questions Search