Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    julieannesmall Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 14, 2007, 08:33 PM
    Furnace ignitor needs to be replaced and an additional valve??
    Our furnace started blowing out only cold air and the fan seems to run even if the thermostat is off, we tried replacing the thermostat and that was not the problem. It is a tech-4 gas furnace True blue 90. We were told it was the ignitor and that our model would also need to have an additional valve replaced. Do you have any knowledge if this could be replaced without a service technician as this would be the cheaper way to go I am sure. Any help is appreciated Thanks.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Jan 17, 2007, 04:22 AM
    Call a qualified service person to effect the repairs.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Furnace won't stop blowing air - replaced the thermostat [ 4 Answers ]

I have a Janitrol U-29A that is probably about 8 years old. I don't when it started, but sometime over the summer it began acting up. The blower does not stop blowing air unless I turn off the furnace at the circuit breaker. The AC unit outside turns on and off through the thermostat, but the...

Sticky wall furnace valve [ 1 Answers ]

I have an Empire wall heater model DV210 which failed to respond to the thermostat and turn on until I tapped the gas valve (7000 MVRLC-LP). This has happened only recently. Question: What are the conditions that encourage a valve to stick and is there anything I can do to discourage sticking...

Possible ignitor problem [ 2 Answers ]

My York Gas Heater Won't Fire Up!! After Accessing Panel To Gas Components I Heard Rapid Ticking... ignitors I Suspect. But No Flame! Do I Have A Ignitor Problem? Txs In Advance, Matt

Replaced Shower valve problem [ 2 Answers ]

This SHOULD have been simple... I replaced HOT and COLD valves and the DIVERTER on 2 showers. They were old and needed to go. Great care was taken to match and get the proper replacements. The COLD on each shower works well. The HOT leaks out the center post a bit in each shower. The...

View more questions Search