Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    stogie26a Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 16, 2011, 08:32 AM
    Open high limit device
    Good Morning,
    I have a Trane XE80 with my light blinking four times, this happen AFTER I turned the furnace off. I awoke to it just blowing cool air... no heat. Should it not have turned off?
    Now I need to open the limit switch? Where is it? Thank you for your help.

stogie26a

Check out some similar questions!

Trane XR80 Furnace Open High Limit Device [ 16 Answers ]

I have a Trane XR80 furnace that has an LED flashing 4 times--Open High Limit Device. The filters are new and clean, I replaced the high limit switch, cleaned the flame sensor. Are there other switches I could check? Any other ideas? Thanks for any help or ideas. Brian

I am getting 4 blinks on board saying open high limit device. [ 0 Answers ]

I am getting 4 blinks on board saying open high limit device. I am getting continuity through the switches and the fuses so they don't seem to be the problem. Hot surface ignitor seems OK and within resistance range. Flame sensor looks OK but I haven't sanded it yet or tried another one. Not...

Open high limit device [ 0 Answers ]

I am getting a weird smell out of the large intake vent in the hallway and according to the system led light code I have an open high limit device. I don't know what that means or if it is a sensor that needs to be replaced, where it is. Looking for a little help

Open High Limit Device - Intermittent [ 5 Answers ]

I have a Trane XB80 furnace that has two high limit devices. About 2 months ago, I had both switches replaced because the furnace would not go into a fault condition with the technician there (of course). He said that these high limit devices are automatically resetting which makes it nigh...

Diagnostic light 4 open high limit device [ 1 Answers ]

My funace reads 4 what dose open high limit device mean and how do I repair it TRANE

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.