Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wen883 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 8, 2007, 08:49 PM
    How do I fix my furnace
    I have a Burnham oil hot water furnace. I have a thermostat in my living room and one upstairs. I have a digital thermostat in the living room. One day, and I don't know if this has anything to do with the problem, the "change filter" message came on. I overrode that. I had the temp set at 65 for daytime and 70 for morning and evening/night. The thermostat won't kick the furnace on. I can temp override any of the timed settings and set the temp higher and the furnace won't kick on. When I turn the temp up upstairs the furnace does kick on. I can hear, too, that the furnace periodically kicks on to heat the water. When I push the reset button, or whatever its called, on the furnace, the furnace doesn't kick on. Is there something that needs reset in the thermostat?? is there something wrong with the line from the thermostat to the furnace?? Will I ever have a toasty warm living room in cooler/cold temps ever again?!

Wendy
    NorthernHeat Posts: 1,455, Reputation: 132
    Ultra Member

Jan 9, 2007, 03:15 PM
    Probably a bad zone valve, may want to call a pro, the parts aren't easy for a homeowner to by and if the head is not replacable some plumbing may be needed, plus drain, refill and purge the air.
    Many zone valve do have a small switch on them for a manual open position so you can get some heat to that zone.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I fix this/ [ 6 Answers ]

My husband and I just purchased a home that is about 75 years old. We had an inspection done - the inspector said the furnace is working fine, though is 20-25 years old. We went to turn the heat on last night and nothing. The furnace doesn't kick on at all. We turned the thermostat all the way...

How can we fix it [ 4 Answers ]

OK so I have this new boyfriend and I really really like him a lot and he tells me he likes me a lot we have been dating for a month well almost two now and we are like perfect for each other but there is two problems 1. I always feel as though he is going to leave me I mean he talls me he won't...

How can I fix this? [ 4 Answers ]

For unknown reasons, my computer has decided not to show my D: drive and can't even find it for that matter. I don't know make, model blah, blah blah, of the HD so it's hard for me to tell you all that info stuff. So how can I find the D: drive, so the computer knows it's there? I did try add...

Can't fix. [ 5 Answers ]

A neighborhood friend asked me to help him out with his computer problem. Turns out it was not just a "problem" but many "problems". I've managed to remove a virus and plenty of adware, even that annoying DSO exploit. After removing these I restarted the computer, ran the latest version of...

Need to fix this [ 1 Answers ]

Need advice on how to get in touch with an old boyfriend from, are you sitting down? almost 20 years ago. I broke up with him and it was a big mistake. I am married now to someone else but I've never stopped thinking of this boyfriend. I know it sounds crazy, but I feel I need to let him know this...

View more questions Search