Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cestus Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 25, 2010, 11:05 AM
    Furnace probs wiring Honeywell 2310 thermostat to old system: 2 wire issue?
    I have a oil heat only system with two wires- one green one white. After hooking up the White to the 'w' and the green to the 'g', and setting the programs, I woke this morning to a really cold house. I tried resetting the thermostat by removing the batteries, but even after overriding the program by advancing the heat, the furnace still did not kick in. Not until I switched the 'fan' from 'auto' to 'on' did the furnace start running.

I have two Qs- 1) The insulation on the wires is cloth, and I wonder if the colors have changed with time? And 2) Should the fan setting just be left in the 'on' position? And if so, will the furnace or the blower shut itself off ever?

Thanks!

Check out some similar questions!

Goodman furnace guso50-2 thermostat wiring instructions for 2 wire thermostat [ 2 Answers ]

Looking to hook up a 2 wire heat only thermostat as the door with the weiring diagram is missing it's a goodman guso50-2?

Honeywell Programmable Thermostat Wiring B wire [ 16 Answers ]

I am (trying to) install a Honeywell prog. Thermostat. My old stat was an Automag (fairly old) and had three wires attached to it. A Red wire labeled (R), White (Y) and Blue (B). So, I don't have spot for the blue. Called Honeywell and they told me to put Red to R, Blue to W and White to Y. ...

Thermostat wiring for a hunter programmable from a 4-wire Honeywell [ 3 Answers ]

I have never done this and want to know how to connect the colered wires from my old Honeywell to the Hunter. I have Red, White, Green, Blue. Their connections are G, RC, Rh, y/o, w/b, y1. What goes where? Thank you

Honeywell thermostat RTH 230B wiring issue [ 1 Answers ]

OK all you electricians out there. I need assist PDQ. The folks at HD told me this thermostat was as easy as 1,2,3, but not having any installation and wiring experience have put this old granny in a tiz. I was able to remove old round honeywell easily, and pull and mark the wires (4) wires, but...

Wiring a 2 wire thermostat to a 4 wire system [ 1 Answers ]

I have a gas furnace equipped with central air.The compressor is shot in the AC unit,and I needed to replace the thermostat so I bought a heating only thermostat.I have the blower and the w wires together on the w terminal designation and the rh on the r terminal designation, and I have the y wire...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.