Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    eperoz Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 3, 2007, 10:02 AM
    Gas Furnace
    My Furnace will run for about 12 hours no problem then all of a sudden the pilot light will go out , for the past two days its done this.. It stopped at about 5.30 am then last night at about 1.30pm... I will go down and relight it and it will start right up... It blows hot air seems fine...

Any ideas
    Thanks alicia
    Peter Kwan Posts: 26, Reputation: 1

Jan 3, 2007, 11:38 AM
    Sounds like your thermocouple in the furnace is on the edge of getting bad, you can replace it yourself or get plumber to do it for you. Home Depot is about $7.00 for the thermocouple.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Gas furnace Outside Fixture [ 5 Answers ]

I'm wondering what options I have for outside supply and discharge? The appliance is a high efficiency York NG furnace (small, less than 60K BTU.). The installation manual shows what could just be PVC elbows. I'm wondering if there are other options. The furnace is intended as backup...

York gas furnace problem [ 2 Answers ]

My furnace has a intermmitent problem. When it quits the fault code is open limit. They all are closed. I can get it to work by moving the wires at the control board connector. The connections appear to be OK. I looked at the rear of the board and did not see any bad solder joints or cracks....

Thermocouple on Old Carrier Gas furnace [ 5 Answers ]

If the thermocouple is defective, could you light the pilot and it and the burner would stay lit? How do you know it is defective? Would the defect be visible? If so, could you tell me What it would look like? The heater is 20+ years old. I have never had ONE problem with it, until I had it...

Gas furnace runs two cycles [ 1 Answers ]

My gas furnace is approx. 30 years old. The furnace will run one cycle, shut off and approx. 15 seconds later run again for a shorter period. Everything is working properly, heating correctly etc. but runs two cycles. Any thoughts on why?

View more questions Search