Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dennislarock Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 25, 2006, 03:58 AM
    Burners do not stay lit.
    Burners do not stay lit. I have a brand new Goodman GPG13 package unit with a 138,000 BTU natural gas furnace. The furnace has six (6) burners and an electronic spark ignition. All burners light, then (after about one (1) minute) the bottom burner or bottom two burners sputter or just go out may come back on then go out again then the system recycles. Three attempts are made then the system locks out. Entergy (the local utility) checked the pressure twice and there is 7” w.c. I did build my own manometer and there is in fact 7” w.c… This is consistent 7” before the meter, after the meter and at the unit. Pressure sometimes fluctuates between 7” and 6 3/4” w.c. There is 1” pipe from the meter to about 11’ from the unit then reduces to ¾” pipe for 10’ then reduces to ½” pipe for 1’ to the unit. All ductwork is properly sized and brand new. I live in New Orleans, I just bought the house and the HVAC company that installed the unit is no longer in business.

Thanks

Dennis
    NorthernHeat Posts: 1,455, Reputation: 132
    Ultra Member

Dec 25, 2006, 04:34 AM
    Set gas pessure in to valve at 14" wc and output to 7"
    NorthernHeat Posts: 1,455, Reputation: 132
    Ultra Member

Dec 26, 2006, 06:05 AM
    Change it to 14" in and 7" out, for correct BTU output, also to low of a gas output pressure can cause an LP furnace to soot up.
    offshoreone Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Dec 24, 2007, 03:32 PM
    This is concerning a Whirlpool gas range.
    Over the past two years the electronic ignition has stopped working approxmately seven or eight times. Then for some mtsterious reason it will function properly. It can be from a few hours to a few day. All conections apear to be tight. What do think the problen can be?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My pilot light won't stay lit [ 6 Answers ]

Help,I have two problems.. My upstairs furnace pilot light will light,and after holding down the pilot button for about 3-4 minutes(it says one minute,but it won't stay lit after only one)it stays,but will go out again in a day or two... The furnace for the downstairs won't light at all.. I can't...

Burners won't light, or, stay lit [ 3 Answers ]

1'st time trying to turn heat on with new furnace-- hot surface ignition system -- burners don't light , or, stay lit -- can't tell which. Any special sequence needed to light? Any help appreciated

Feather lit weed eater [ 2 Answers ]

I have a feather lite weedeater. It won't prime... it acts like the hoses are hooked up backward? They seem to fit correctly... could something be pluged up to keep the gas from flowing into the prime bulb?

Burners won't stay lit [ 2 Answers ]

-- need more help in figuring out flame sensor or roll out switch - Weather King --- ICECO --- 80 PJ --- forced air --- Honeywell valve (on/off switch)---burners light for 1 or 2 seconds, then go out

Burners won't... Follow up info [ 3 Answers ]

Burners light for couple seconds, then go out Weather King --- ICECO --- 80 PJ --- forced air --- Honeywell valve (on/off switch) Burners try to light on 1'st attempt, lights for couple seconds then out on2'nd attempt. Brand new furnace. Looked in installation manual -- says stuff...

View more questions Search