Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    marciaaldridge Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 13, 2010, 06:18 PM
    Gas pack unit smell gas when heat turned off
    I have a gas pack heating & air conditioner unit in a rental home & the tenants say they can smell gas in the house when the air conditioner is turned on. I have had the unit serviced & they could not find anything wrong with the unit. Have you ever heard of this happening? The regulator is close to the house & unit. Not 12 feet away from house like regulations say to have them now. Thanks, Marcia
    T-Top Posts: 1,871, Reputation: 100
    Ultra Member

May 13, 2010, 06:26 PM

You need to have a dial test done(pressure test) to see if any leaks are on the house side of the meter.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Amana gas heating unit will not heat. Gas valve comes on, ignites then goes off. [ 1 Answers ]

The gas valve comes on and I hear ignition. The flame then immediately goes out and the process repeats. I turned the unit off because as long as I leave it on the process repeats continuously.

Rheem Gas pack unit is blowing cold air [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Rheem Gas Pack. When the heat is turned on it isn't hot. More like cool air. On the outside of the unit you can feel the heat and hear it blowing on the inside. What could be causing this problem for the heat not to be coming out on the inside?

Coverting a gas pack unit to a heat pump [ 1 Answers ]

Is it possible to convert a gas pack unit to a heat pump? If so, how much trouble and how exspensive? Roughly

Payne Gas Pack Furnace Heater And A/C Unit [ 1 Answers ]

It's a Payne Gas Pack forced air furnace and A/C unit. At first the a/c functioned properly during the summer,now in winter the heat would'nt work. It's a unit that sit's on top of the roof in a apartment complex. First I thought it would be the tstat so I replaced it with a upgraded flux 400...

Cold Air is coming from my Carrier Gas Pack Unit and I need Heat [ 0 Answers ]

I have a carrier gas pack unit and the cooling part works properly. It's starting to get cold, so I turned on the heat, but only cold air blows out of it. I've contacted my gas company and they said there is no pilot light, so there is no way it could've gone out, and theytold me I should contact...

View more questions Search