Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kitchen exhaust Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 5, 2006, 04:16 PM
    Kitchen exhaust - gas stove
    Hello,

I have a gas stove located on an interior wall. Is it a safe practice to run the ducting from the interior wall, down into the basement (4 foot), and turn 90 degrees to duct outside (8 foot)? My thought is to mount the motor/fan in the basement at the exterior wall location.

Do you always have to run ducting in an upward or level plane?

Thanks
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Dec 5, 2006, 04:28 PM
    Not really. Too much duct and a down shot also not good. It will trap greast. Best is strait up and out since you cannot go directly outside because of an interior wall setup.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Share bathroom and kitchen exhaust vent [ 7 Answers ]

Hi, I am trying to put in an exhaust vent for my bathroom in the basement. I have two questions. First, does the roughed in usually have the trap pre-installed for the shower under the floor? Second, Can I run the bathroom vent to the kitchen exhaust pipe and have it run to the outside. In...

Hooking up a gas stove [ 5 Answers ]

My gas stove is falling apart. I found basically the same gas oven used, but a few years newer than my current stove. I am going to pick it up tomorrow. I was wondering if it would be all right for me to hook up the gas line. Is it as simple as turning off the gas line, unscrewing the hose and...

Gas Stove Flame is yellow [ 1 Answers ]

My gas stove flame recently is more yellow than blue and is not as efficient when cooking. I am wondering if I need a new gas stove or if it is the gas. Does anyone have any insight on this? Thanks, Sharon

View more questions Search