Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tennisplyr Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 6, 2010, 05:36 PM
    Instlld program thermostat, wrked fine heat all winter, now no heat, a/c or fan??
    We got a Lux Programmable TX9000a. It installed it in November and heat worked fine all winter. Today I tried to turn on A/C and it didn't work (it is 90 where we live). I tried looking at wiring and perhaps a mis-wired. I am not sure. I have 5 wires and I have two units outside (heat pump and a/c) and I have a furnace in basement and a furnace in my attic.

So I connected W to W, Y to Y, G to G and now I am confused. I have a blue and a red cable out of the wall. I connected R to RH and not sure if the blue goes to RC or to B. Anyway, now the fan won't work either, even when I connect G to R. I checked my circuit breaker and all is good there. Help
    Joshdta Posts: 2,549, Reputation: 45
    Ultra Member

Apr 6, 2010, 05:50 PM

Witch unit is not working the furnace and hp, or the furnace and ac

Apr 6, 2010, 06:20 PM

What is HP? Neither furnace nor a/c working now on lower level. From what I can tell, I also put a prog. Therm on upper level of house and the a/c works fine there.

Apr 6, 2010, 06:23 PM

Upper level prog thermostat controls hp and a/c. both appear to work on upper level just fine.

It is the lower level thermostat that is not working. Can't get fan to work even if jumping green to red. That is my problem. The lower level doesn't turn on the a/c, furnace nor the fan. Does that make sense?
    dms276 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 22, 2011, 07:30 PM
    Did how did you resolve this? I'm having the same problem with the same thermostat. Thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bryant +80: fan is fine, no heat. LED 1-3. Filters clean. What should I try next? [ 3 Answers ]

Have a Bryant 80 plus furnace. Fan works fine. But it's blowing cool air. I've changed the thermostat setting to have the furnace try and make the temp significantly higher than the current temp. The LED flashes 1 short, 3 long. Cleaned the filter. Air flow seems to be fine. Any clues?...

HVAC Split Unit Heat works fine, A/C compressor on fan off [ 10 Answers ]

Hello all. I certainly have found a TON of info on this site, and problems that sound just like mine, but solutions seem to point to different things than in my system. So I apologize in advance if this is a duplicate somebody already answered. I have an older Ducane Oil Furnace converted to...

Fan setting on a heat thermostat [ 5 Answers ]

Can you explain to me what this setting is for? We do not have central air but the "fan" option is on the thermostat. I put the setting on "cool", then "fan" and set the thermostat temp for 60 degrees. Cool air came out for about a half hour and cut off automatically and did not come back on. I...

Fan on ON and ac not working, heat works fine [ 1 Answers ]

We just bought a new home and I know the AC worked last summer for the people who lived here. I have a LUX 1500 t-stat, a miller ac unit, and a beckett by honeywll furnace motor. Everything was serviced last year. When we put the switch to heat the furnace comes on and runs non stop. When I...

Thermostat on Heat and Auto fan but fan is not on [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, This just started happening. I have a dual zone thermostat. The thermostat downstairs seems to turn on. I set the desired temp at 72 but it does not get any warmer then 67. The thermostat upstairs... I set it on auto but the fan does not run. If I set it on Fan, cold air blows out. ...

View more questions Search