Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    vs2175 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 4, 2010, 06:12 AM
    American standard won't ignite but blower runs
    American Standard gas furnace. The thermostat calls for heat, and I can hear the system attempting to ignite the burners - On then Off... happens 2 or 3 times and the system gives up, but the system blower turns on and runs continuously until I manually reset the system by cycling the power.
    vs2175 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 4, 2010, 06:36 AM

I wanted to add... that after I manually reset the system, it will work fine for one heat cycle.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Mar 4, 2010, 04:48 PM
    Clean the flame sensor.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Carrier Gas Furnace blower runs on/heat won't come on [ 3 Answers ]

I have a carrier gas furnace model 58DP100 . The fan runs continuously and the gas burners will not ignite ( the pilot is lit ) HELP... please .

American Standard [ 16 Answers ]

How to remove shower valve american standard

American Standard Stem [ 1 Answers ]

I took my American Standard Stem in to the Home Depot. They compared to to others and said that it was a 2C-14C. Then they gave me replacement Nu-Seal washers and said that there is no seat for this. Is that possible? Here it is with the new washer attached.

Furnace will not ignite blower constintly runs [ 5 Answers ]

I have a propane furnace that will not ignite. The blower runs constintly unless you phyically shut it off. What could be wrong? Thanks, Tim

Furnace Blower runs, does not ignite [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Trane furnace, model #BLU108F936B1. When the thermostat signals that it is time to provide heat, the bower comes on but the gas does not ignite. I am able at that time to light it with a match, and can hear the clicking sound accompanied by a weak spark. The furnace seems to work fine...

View more questions Search