Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sharonshwang Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 27, 2006, 08:07 AM
    Gas Stove Flame is yellow
    My gas stove flame recently is more yellow than blue and is not as efficient when cooking. I am wondering if I need a new gas stove or if it is the gas. Does anyone have any insight on this?

Thanks,
    Sharon
    mr.yet Posts: 1,725, Reputation: 176
    Ultra Member

Nov 27, 2006, 08:12 AM
    Need to adjust the air flow on the burner, and clean the burner assembly if you are not sure how to, call you gas supplier, they will know how to.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Gas furnace - no flame [ 4 Answers ]

Hope someone out there can help, because it's going to get cold this weekend! I have a split HVAC unit with furnace in attic. Written on front of unit is Intertherm. Inside panel of unit says Nordyne, and the Ignition Control is Robert Shaw. The unit is 13 years old and the heat worked fine...

Hooking up a gas stove [ 5 Answers ]

My gas stove is falling apart. I found basically the same gas oven used, but a few years newer than my current stove. I am going to pick it up tomorrow. I was wondering if it would be all right for me to hook up the gas line. Is it as simple as turning off the gas line, unscrewing the hose and...

Gas Stove Top Burner doesn't light [ 2 Answers ]

I have a GE gas stove top. One burner refuses to light (or takes forever). When I turn the knob/dial to the 'light' setting, I hear the clicking noise. I believe that is the ignitor arching/lighting. But the gas does not come through. I have to turn the dial back and forth from one end of...

Problem with GE Freestanding Gas Stove [ 1 Answers ]

I am having problems with my oven. When it is in bake mode it turns on and heats up for a minute than it shuts off. The burner appears to be slightly still on but it will not heat up to temperature. The broiler works and will burn to temperature. Any ideas?

View more questions Search