Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rebel2232 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 26, 2006, 10:03 AM
    Gas Fireplace Turns Off
    Hello,

I have a gas fireplace that usually will start by turning on the switch right away (sometimes it does not and will take a couple of tries) however after about 20 minutes the fireplace will usually turn off by itself. Then after another 20 minutes it will turn back on. There is no consistency as sometimes it will operate fine for hours. I've had two companies in to look at it with no success so far. It is not the wall switch as it has been changed three times now. It has to be something with the fireplace.

I had the screws and wires tighten so there should be no loose connections. Help please!

Thank you.

Manufacturer: Napoleon

Age of equipment: 8 years

Type of system: Fireplace

Type of fuel: Gas
    NorthernHeat Posts: 1,455, Reputation: 132
    Ultra Member

Nov 27, 2006, 04:04 PM
    Does it have an oxygen sensor?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Gas Fireplace thermostat [ 2 Answers ]

In my family room I have a Heatilator gas fireplace that came with a three wired remote switch which allows one to turn off and on manually as well as turn the system on/off depending on temperature setting. The problem with this system is that the fireplace will turn on/off at any time the...

Stinky Gas Fireplace [ 3 Answers ]

I live in a unit that has a gas fireplace with no vent to the outside of the house. The heat emanates from a vent in the top of the fireplace. It's the standard rental fare with the glowing fake logs and all. Here's what has been done thus far: 1. Rocks were taken out and vacuumed, base was...

Gas fireplace blower [ 1 Answers ]

How do I troubleshoot a new Kozy Heat gas fireplace blower that is not working?

Gas Fireplace [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, I just bought a ventless propane gas log set. I, however, only have natural gas in my household. Is there a way I can convert the propane set to natural gas? Thank you

View more questions Search