Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    doaz Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 5, 2010, 11:30 PM
    Trane heat pump trane o/b valve setting
    I have a trane xl1200 (I think) heat pump and don't know if I need to set the thermostat setting on the OB Valve to.. 1) O/B terminal controls valve in cooling or 2) O/B terminal controls valve in heating.
    Thank you for your help,
    Kevin Baker
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Feb 6, 2010, 12:58 AM

Pick one. If it heats in heat mode your done. If it doesn't then pick the other. No biggie.

Only raise the temp above the setpoint by 1 degree or so to prevent the emergency heat from coming on. If you can turn it off temporarily in the stat, all the better.
    doaz Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 7, 2010, 10:39 PM
    We'll do.. thank you. :-)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trane XL20i heat pump requires Trane 900 series thermostat? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I was wondering if the Trane XL20i heat pump requires the use of Trane's 900 series thermostat or if a Honeywell VisionPro IAQ thermostat can be used.

Trane XR 15 Heat Pump [ 1 Answers ]

Can anyone tell me about the quality and reliability of a Trane XR 15 Heat pump? I am considering installing one for $5100 in order to get the $1500 tax credit.

Trane heat pump [ 1 Answers ]

My wife and I recently purchased a home with two heat pumps in installed 6/05/05. The down stairs unit makes noise like a jet taking off. I asked the installer if we could slow the air volume down and he responded by saying the factory settings were not changeable. These were state of the art...

Trane Heat Pump [ 6 Answers ]

I have been working on a Trane Heat Pump and the problem I'm having is the thermostat won't engage the compressor for heat, but it does on cooling mode, and in fan only mode. I jumped the thermostat at RH and G and the unit kicked on. I have replaced the thermostat and still it does the same...

Trane xe90 makes clicking and won't heat up to temp setting. [ 1 Answers ]

I have a trane heating system and I have already clean the flame sensor and replace the thermostat. The unit its set at 70 but it will only bring temp to 63 max. The burners will light up and then shutdown when the fan starts. Then, minutes latter the burners will come on again. I noticed that the...

View more questions Search