Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chfurnace Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 15, 2010, 01:47 AM
    Furnace ignitor glows but burners doesn't light
    Hi,

I have an older York furnace and just replace the ignitor with a Honeywell glowfly universal ignitor. At first, it glows but no ignition... after a while, the burners finally lit and the furnace seemed to work fine with the furnace going on and off. After a few hours, ignitor glows but the burners will not light. I think that I hear the gas valve open but not sure.

Any help would be great. Can't really afford to replace furnace.
    Thanks.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Jan 15, 2010, 03:16 PM
    Clean flame sensor with fine sand paper or steel wool.
    Attached Images

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Goodman furnace HSI does not glow, burners never light [ 3 Answers ]

I have a Goodman gas-forced air furnace, about 10 years old. I have power to the main control panel (part# 18099-13) and gas is "on". In the furnace sequence posted by sticky, I am having problems at the step where the hot surface ignitor "glows" to light the burners. All other steps, such as the...

Goodman pilot light on but furnace burners will not come on? [ 4 Answers ]

We have a Goodman furance that will not produce heat. The pilot light is on, the gas is released, but the burners will not kick in. Do you have any idea what is causing this problem.:confused: Scott's Chicago

Armstrong SX 80 Furnace will not light at main burners [ 3 Answers ]

This will be our second fall/winter in this house and our Armstrong SX 80 furnace with a Honeywell smartvalve ignition system will not light. The ignition switch will come on, but no gas is being emitted so the main burners will not light. I have seen this before where the sensor is bad after the...

My gmn080-4 furnace ignitor comes on, motor does but won't light [ 1 Answers ]

The furnace will turn on, motor start, ignitor lights up, nothing flashing on the indicator light but seems to get no gas to it. We have gas service, the gas valve is in the on position, but still nothing. Could it be anything but a bad gas valve?

Kenmore Gas dryer heats for 5 mintes and turns off, then ignitor glows and turns off [ 0 Answers ]

When I start the dryer on any heat level and timed drying, everything turns on as usual. After 5 minutes the flames turns off and never comes back on. If I turn off the dryer and start it again, I hear a click and the igniter turns on, glows and turns off before the gas comes through, then glows...

View more questions Search