Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    HEATDIV Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 8, 2010, 05:06 PM
    Why do baseboard heaters make a pinging noise
    When my thermostat calls for heat it turns on my circulator pump (hot water system 3 zone) the middle floor zone when it enters the first section of the convector pings very bad, this goes on for a few seconds.

As it travels through the system it comes to the second set of convectors on the same loop in another room and these convectors also ping for a few seconds but it stops at this point and none of the other rooms (3) ping...

I tried lowering the head pressure (3 floors, separate zones) tried throttling the valves (supply and return) and they still ping... ANY SUGGESTIONS
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Jan 8, 2010, 05:42 PM
    Make sure all the air is eliminated from the system.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why does my baseboard heat make so much "running water" noise [ 3 Answers ]

My baseboard heat seems to make a lot of "rushing water" sounds that seem to be getting louder and more frequent... any ideas?

How do I get rid of the banging noise from my cast iron baseboard heaters. [ 1 Answers ]

How do I get rid of the banging noise from my cast iron baseboard heaters. My home was built in 1967 I don't know if the heating system is original. Its baseboard cast-iron in the winter, when it very cold and we raise the temperature, throughout the night, it makes him loud banging noise. The...

Baseboard heaters [ 2 Answers ]

I have baseboard heaters (240) I have two hots coming in to the thermostat one black one white marked as hot I have the black wire feed and the thermostat top wire ran to the black wire of the heater I have the white wire from feed to bottom wire of thermostat and the to the white wire of the...

Electric baseboard heaters -wiring 1 thermostat to two heaters [ 2 Answers ]

I would like to heat my new garage with electric baseboard heaters. The new garage is 20X24 feet. I would like to use only one 240V #12 2 wire circuit running two heaters at a total of 3800 watts. I plan to use 2 pole 20A breakers and 2c #12 wire. I would like to have both heaters controlled...

View more questions Search