Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Daveyboy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 11, 2006, 12:38 PM
    Installing programmable Thermostat
    I am upgrading my old cheap mercury thermostat with a Honeywell programmable model - RTH6300B (a 5-2). When I removed the old unit there were two wires - black & white (labelled B and W). The new unit has 6 connections - C,G,W,Y,R & Rc. There are a number of alternate letters given:

C - X or B
    G - F
    W - W1, H,O,B
    Y - Y1, M
    R - RH,4,V
    Rc - R

I am unsure what would be the correct connections for the existing B & W wires. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.
    skiberger Posts: 562, Reputation: 41

Nov 13, 2006, 12:51 PM
    Make sure you bought the right thermostat. Should be compatible with one stage heat only.

If so, connect the white wire to "w" and the black to "R"
    FredMaine Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 27, 2008, 12:04 PM

I have a similar problem.

I am installing the Honeywell RTH6300B, replacing an old Honeywell mercury switch thermostat.

No model number on the old one, but it only has two terminal screws, unlabeled. It must be a simple on-off switch for heat. I have heat only, no cooling, no fans, etc.

Alas, the only two screws on the old thermostat are not labeled.

And, the new thermostat's manual doesn't tell you which two terminals simply turn heat on/off.

Any suggestions?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Installing Noma programmable thermostat [ 4 Answers ]

Hi all, like many others I have installed the NOMA Heating/Cooling programmable thermostat Model: 52-2570-6. It is replacing the old round-style analog mercury thermostat dial. The wiring connections on the old one were: Wire colour: RED -----------> R GREEN --------> G WHITE -------->...

Installing a Programmable Thermostat [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 10 year old Carrier thermostat and want to install a new programmable thermostat. The thermostat has 5 wires (red, yellow, green, blue and white). All of the programmable thermostats only instruct you on how to install with 3 or 4 wires. Does anyone have a suggestion on a...

Programmable Thermostat [ 1 Answers ]

Problem with thermostat losing it's power and reseting

Problems installing a programmable thermostat [ 2 Answers ]

Hi there, Just got a Honeywell RTH230B programmable thermostat to replace the old one. I have a gas furnace. I uninstalled the old thermostat and found three wires: Red, connected to terminal marked "R" White, connected to terminal marked "W" Green, connected to terminal marked "B" I was a...

View more questions Search