Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kbraunjlej Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 28, 2009, 10:54 AM
    Furnace kicks on 1 cycle, then stops.
    Last spring my furnace stopped working. I got new digital thermostat, air worked fine (didn't check heat... duh!). Last month I turned furnace on, it ran 1 cycle, then stopped. I fiddled with thermosat and popped of furnace covers and fiddled, and it kicked on again 1 cycle, then stopped again. HVAC friend came, fiddled with thermostat, furnace worked fine for 1 month. Now it's acting up again. Came home Wednesday to a cold house. Fiddled again, worked one time, stopped. Last night I bought and installed new, less complicated (non-digital) Honeywell thermosat. Set temp at 70, furnace ran to 62, stopped. I fiddled again, it started, ran a cycle to about 64, died again. Help... I'm cold!

Check out some similar questions!

Washer machine will not complete entire cycle. It gets to the spin cycle, and stops. [ 1 Answers ]

I have a GE washer, (about 5 years old). The washer goes through the wash and rinse cycles fine. When it gets to the spin cycle, it stops. I can override and manually place the machine on spin. How can I fix this problem so the cycle runs through completely. Thank You

Furnace Blower Stops During Heating Cycle [ 1 Answers ]

Hi! You all are my last hope. I have a 13 year old Nordyne furnace. Last week the fan stopped blowing during the heating cycle. It would wait about 15 seconds and then come back on and a slight hot smell would be blown from the registers. I called a repairman and he put on a new fan limit...

Dryer stops mid cycle [ 2 Answers ]

We have a GE electric dryer, model DRSR483EG0WW, which is about 1 1/2 years old. This week it would not start. We had a tech out who replaced the start switch. Now, it shuts down after about 10 minutes of use, but will restart after a few minutes. No noise occurs at shut down, it just acts as...

Enternet kicks me off it stops [ 1 Answers ]

Hey my entrant stops working kicks me off

Dryer stops mid cycle [ 3 Answers ]

My Kenmore Elite, heavy duty, electric dryer stops mid cycle. There is heat but it doesn't finish the cycle so clothes are dry. Strangely, I tried flipping the breaker on-of-on (which was NOT tripped) and it started and finished the cycle. Now that doesn't seem to work. I've tried both cycles...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.