Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    g-spot69 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 9, 2009, 04:56 PM
    Air in hot water heating system
    I have a gas fired hot water boiler. I have noticed there is gurgling or air in the system. Where in the system would I go to purge the air out?
    KC13 Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 99
    Ultra Member

Nov 9, 2009, 05:06 PM
    There is no one-size-fits-all answer to that. Most commonly, the individual radiant terminals have a key vent that is opened to allow air to escape. Are your terminals free-standing, wall-recessed, or baseboard convector type?
    g-spot69 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 10, 2009, 04:20 PM

They are baseboard type
    Joshdta Posts: 2,549, Reputation: 45
    Ultra Member

Nov 10, 2009, 04:25 PM

Have you checked the water pressure at the boiler, maybe you have all air and no water. How many zones do you have? If it was setup right you can flush each zone seperatly for the boiler.
    KC13 Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 99
    Ultra Member

Nov 10, 2009, 05:49 PM
    I have seen 2 methods for venting air from these: 1) key vents inside the enclosure, 2) purge valves in series with shut-off valves. You should have one or the other.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trane xe80 gas furnace not blowing any hot air [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Trane XE80 Gas Furnace. It is not blowing any hot air at all. Can anyone help. Thank you

Hot water heating system [ 3 Answers ]

Thans for your help in adavance, I have a hot water heating system boiler with a red pump at the side of the boiler. I would like to know does the pump pushes the water through the System.or pull the water back to the boiler.:rolleyes:

Why do I hear water running in my pipes, in a hot water heating system? [ 2 Answers ]

I have a hot water heating system and just recently , I am hearing water running in the pipes all the time.What could be causing this? Please help.

How do I top up my heating system with water? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I have only lived in my house for a few weeks so I'm not used to the boiler. I bled the radiators today and the heating went off , I am sure the system needs topping up with water but I have know idea how to ,could anyone help ?

Water heating system [ 1 Answers ]

I am building a new home (2800 sf each level main and basement) and will be doing a manifold distribution system with PEX piping. With the length of the house, I was planning on a two water heater system. Both 50 gal electric plumbed in tandem. If this seems feasible, would I just supply the...

View more questions Search