Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cjsteed Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 15, 2009, 08:32 AM
    Water coming in under concrete floor
    Recently installed a new bath in a pole barn with concrete floor. Have trouble with water leaching under the new tile. Plumber says it will settle and that all concrete floors have dampness under them. I am afraid of mold and odor. Any solutions?
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Oct 15, 2009, 08:42 AM

Water should not be leaching through your tiles. There should be a moisture barrier under the slab that prevents what you are describing.

Do you have problem with ground water anyplace else in the barn ?
    cjsteed Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 15, 2009, 08:49 AM

Not that I know of . A new trench was dug and the concrete cut out in the floor to install the drain. The water seems to be following the new trench and going under the floor, perhaps to where the cut out was left for the tub. Plumber says it will stop once it settles.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Water coming through concrete slab floor [ 3 Answers ]

My Daughter has water coming up through her dining room floor, she is in a four unit condo, plumbers claim the leak is coming from tree roots way out in the yard and claim after removing tree and repair leak her problem with the water infiltration will be cured. I feel that the integrity of the...

Water Leak in Concrete Slab Floor [ 1 Answers ]

I live in San Jose, CA in a 10-year old home with concrete slab foundation. I noticed wetness in the carpet in the guest closet. The closet is in the middle of the first floor and far away from any tap/faucet/bathroom. I removed the carpet and found that the floor is wet. After thoroughly...

Hot water heating, concrete floor cutting [ 2 Answers ]

Is is possible to move a drain and water supply in a concrete floor with radiant hot water heating throughout?

Standing water beneath a concrete basement floor [ 8 Answers ]

After years of living with a flooding basement, we had a waterproofing company dig a perimeter trench in the basement, leading to a sump with a pump. For two years, we joyed at the dryness of the basement and, especially, the sound of water filling the sump and being pumped out (often at 5...

Standing water beneath a concrete basement floor [ 2 Answers ]

After years of living with a flooding basement, we had a waterproofing company dig a perimeter trench in the basement, leading to a sump with a pump. For two years, we joyed at the dryness of the basement and, especially, the sound of water filling the sump and being pumped out (often at 5...

View more questions Search