Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    SmellyDogsMom Posts: 67, Reputation: 3

Sep 27, 2009, 10:00 AM
    American Standard Stem
    I took my American Standard Stem in to the Home Depot. They compared to to others and said that it was a 2C-14C. Then they gave me replacement Nu-Seal washers and said that there is no seat for this. Is that possible? Here it is with the new washer attached.
    Attached Images

hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Sep 27, 2009, 10:34 AM

That looks like a compression type stem to me. I would expect a seat. Shine flashlight into stem hole. You should be able to see whether there is a seat.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

American Standard [ 16 Answers ]

How to remove shower valve american standard

American Standard Diverter Stem Stuck [ 16 Answers ]

I have a circa 1965 AS Heritage in the wall 3-handle tub/shower fixture. I believe it's a Hertitage Model "N 1012" or N 1020". The diverter works spoaratically - the water flows to the shower, but then abruptly stops. With the diverter arrow pointing down for the tub water flows just fine. The...

Repairing American Standard Shower stem [ 1 Answers ]

I have an American Standard Shower Stem (cold) that needs repair. However, I can not seem to disconnect it from the pipe. I will attach a picture of the stem and perhaps someone could tell me what wrench to use. Thanks!

Payne HVAC or American Standard [ 3 Answers ]

I am replacing a 4-ton upflow furnace in a rental house. I have 1 quote for $1400 using american standard and another for $1200 using a Payne. The tech for the Am Stan tells me the Payne is a very poor unit. Any infor on what is best?

Installing Hunter from American Standard [ 1 Answers ]

I am having trouble hooking up a Hunter 44860 thermostat. My old thermostat was an American Standard Thermostat ASYSTAT655A. Any suggestions would be most helpful, Thanks so much! Andy

View more questions Search