Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Rubbertoe Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 5, 2009, 10:40 AM
    Replacing Janitrol HTP 18-60 with Honeywell RTH7500
    I am replacing a Janitrol HPT 18-60 with a Honeywell RTH7500. The Janitrol has 7 wires - C, E, W2, Y, G, R, and O. The Honeywell does not have a terminal for the W2 wire. Where does it go?
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Sep 5, 2009, 11:32 AM
    Here is your manual for the install

http://customer.honeywell.com/TechLi.../69-2221EF.pdf

I suggest you read it completely before you start the install. All the info you need is contained in there. Pay close attention to the wiring pages.
    Rubbertoe Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 5, 2009, 02:19 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by hvac1000 View Post
    here is your manual for the install

http://customer.honeywell.com/TechLi.../69-2221EF.pdf

I suggest you read it completely before you start the install. All the info you need is contained in there. Pay close attention to the wiring pages.
    Thanks, I think I complicated the install by reading things into it. Page 23 shows that the W2 wire goes to the AUX terminal. Thanks again.:)
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Sep 5, 2009, 02:56 PM
    That is why I mentioned the wiring pages. It is so much easier for a person who have the install manual than it is for me trying to explain what is in it. Glad you got it going.
    miketizzy Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 5, 2010, 09:29 AM

Hello, I have a similar situation - A Janitrol HPT1840 being replaced by a Honeywell RTH7500. However, I have two wires twisted together - a white and a brown. I also have nothing on E. I will enclose a grainy picture if it helps.

HVAC100, I have read several of your responses so far, I hope you have a moment to give me a little advice. I also just posted a question regarding missing the first stage / Auxiliary heat function on this system. Thank you for your time.

Mike
    Attached Images

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wiring Honeywell RTH7500 [ 1 Answers ]

I am replacing a White-Rodgers nonprogammable thermostat with a Honeywell RTH7500 programmable thermostat. This is the wiring config on the old thermostat. By the way I have a heat pump with emergency heat. B = Blue wire Y = Yellow wire G = Green wire R = Red wire W = White wire C = Brown...

Replacing Janitrol Thermostat with Honeywell Thermostat [ 1 Answers ]

I am attempting to replace my manual Janitrol Model HPT 18-60 thermostat with a Honeywell Programmable Model CT3500 thermostat. My Heat Pump is a Trane TWR012-042C The 6 wires connected to the Janitrol thermostate are: Y, W2, G, R, O, C How do I connect these six wires to the Honeywell that...

Replacing Janitrol with Honeywell RTH230B [ 3 Answers ]

I currently have a Janitrol analog thermostat. It has 7 wires hooked up. Terminal - Color Y - Yellow Com - Blue R - Red G - Green w2 - Looks white E/w3 - Looks pink O - Orange

Replacing Honeywell T8411R with Honeywell RTH7500 - wiring problems [ 1 Answers ]

I need help getting my new, programmable thermostat to work. I currently have a dual-stage Heat Pump and A/C unit that works fine. The current thermostat is the Honeywell T8411R. I don't know the number for the subbase, but it's the one that came with the thermostat. The current (operational)...

Replacing janitrol hpt18-60 w/ honeywell rth230b [ 1 Answers ]

My existing thermostat is a Janitrol HPT18-60. Wich has 7 connections, and 6 wires... Y-yellow, G-green, R-tan, O-brown, C-blue, and a red wire connecting an E and W2. I'd like to replace it w/ a Honeywell RTH230B. Wich has... Rh, Rc, W, Y, and G. However, I cannot find a wiring schematic,...

View more questions Search