Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hbic3 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 3, 2009, 06:20 AM
    9 mo old Carrier Gas Furnace/AC not working.
    I just had my furnace replaced last winter with a brand new carrier Gas Furnace/AC unit. It worked fine all last heating season, now when I turn on the heat, it won't fire. The central air unit also didn't work this cooling season. The fan won't even come on when I switch it to on at the thermostat. It clicks at the thermostat but nothing in the furnace. It is electric ignition so no pilot. Gas is on, power is on at the box and at the switch on the furnace. Batteries in thermostat are brand new. Where else should I look?
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Sep 3, 2009, 07:27 AM
    I just had my furnace replaced last winter with a brand new carrier Gas Furnace/AC unit

The unit will still be under warranty as long as it was installed by a authorized Carrier dealer. I would call them before you mess with it and VOID the warranty.
    hbic3 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 3, 2009, 07:38 AM
    Not sure that it was. It was installed by friends of the landlord, who may or may not be authorized. I just don't know that much. Guy was supposed to show up twice to look at it and never showed.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Sep 3, 2009, 09:51 AM
    If it is rental let the landlord do the repair. The problem you can get into is the fact that as a tenant if you mess with it the landloard can blame you for the problem. My rental and lease agreements specifically forbid the renters from messing with anything in the unit.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Carrier Furnace - Fan not working on "ON" mode [ 4 Answers ]

I have a Carrier Gas Furnace. I believe the model is 58CTA or 58CTX (not sure which one). The thermostat I have is "White-Rogers" Model 1F86-0471. We have NO A/C unit. The heating works fine (in the winter)... when it is cold - the furnace turns on, and flows nice warm heat around the house....

Dual fuel rheem furnace not working, defrost control board replaced still not working [ 1 Answers ]

Hello there, I have a Rheem furnace and is only one year old. Recently my furnace didn't come on so I had someone come out and look at it and it turns out it was the defrost board on the heat pump that was bad. I replaced the board with a new one and turned the system on and it worked on heat and...

Carrier central A/C outside fan not working [ 3 Answers ]

My 1st floor central A/C not having any cool air, the indoor fan is working but the outdoor fan is not working. I turned on the 1st floor A/C by mistake without removing the outdoor unit's cover I put on over the winter. I realized the problem after 1st floor A/C run about 1~2 hours. Would that do...

Carrier stopped working [ 1 Answers ]

My carrier air conditioning unit has stopped working. I've done standard troubleshooting but nothing has worked. Thermostat appears to be working fine. I'm not getting any air blowing or ticks or anything when I adjust the thermostat. Could it be the compressor? Greg

Carrier Thermidistat Fan Control Not Working [ 1 Answers ]

The fan control on my Carrier Thermidistat does not turn the blower fan on when the Fan button is set to On. In Auto, the fan will not operate the fan on either a heating or cooling cycle with my heat pump. The fan DOES work when the furnace operates in emergency mode which is being controlled by...

View more questions Search