Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jhubb Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Aug 30, 2009, 01:54 PM
    Rewired blower motor- still won't stay on
    OK I re-wired the motor per the diagram you sent. Blower will come on, run for a few minutes with tstat set to On. Any ideas? I have rechecked the wiring a dozen times, and I have some training in elecetrical, it looks correct.
    HVACtechsnj Posts: 11, Reputation: 2

Aug 30, 2009, 02:36 PM

Not to sound silly does it have a run capacitor and if it does is it the correct size. On the label and box of the new motor it will tell you xxmfd cap.

Aug 30, 2009, 03:12 PM

yes I bought the cap and motor at same time same place, and it all matches up per motor requirements. I was trying to pretest the fan earlier without putting it back in unit, and it would shut off after a coule minutes. Then I read it needed some back pressure, so I installed it back as normal, reran it- it ran for maybe 4 minutes, was still runinng when the closeset smoke alarm went off, so shut it down. No smoke, faint smell, shut it off right away. Something it definatley off somewhere, I just can't seem to find it. It comes on and runs, but I don tknow why smoke alarm went off now.. it is wired exactly as diagram I printed from first answer here. It is 3 speed variable, set as before. We did go from 4 speed to 3 speed motor, and wired per downloaded diagram.

Aug 30, 2009, 04:08 PM
    Ok I just read your first post and trying to catch up on the issue. With water entering the system other components may be shorted out. Also with the manual that I was linked to it seemed as though it is a 208/230 volt motor. I assume they gave you the correct voltage motor. On the new motor is there a plug in adapter near the motor itself? Most of the time it is a yellow and purple connection that can be reversed for correct direction of the motor to run. If so make sure the air is flowing the right way.

Aug 30, 2009, 04:17 PM

Yes and yes. Fan is blowing right direction, and it runs well, can't see where its overheating, or why the shut off . No part left to replace, have changed wiring couple of times, recheked to the diagram sent. Not popping breaker inside, and tstat working right. It was 4 days before new motor went in, and I dried it all out with air compressor the first day. 240v in and out of unit.

Aug 30, 2009, 05:04 PM
    With all that you have done and checked by the off chance you may have got a bad motor for the replacement. I am out of answers at this time. You have replaced checked and rechecked everything that I can think of. Maybe someone else here may have a better answer, I will post back if I think of anything else. Sorry I could not help.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Aug 30, 2009, 05:49 PM
    It seems we have to posts on the same subject from the same person. LOL

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/heatin...te-391477.html

Aug 30, 2009, 06:15 PM

Sorry that's my fault, I answered the first post, then thought that might be wrong for you to see my reply, so made new post.. then I saw that wasn't right thing to do.. LOL, I know better now.. only thing I know to do at this point is take cap and motor back to the supplier with the wiring diagramm you gave me- and thanks very much for that! I printed it all out, and start asking some questions to them.. if anyone reads this and has run into something similar please share!
    Thanks to you both for advice. I have learned a lot along the way on this project.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Aug 30, 2009, 09:04 PM
    Post back with your results. It is possible you have the wrong voltage motor or a few other things. It is frustrating on your end for sure.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Blower motor won't turn on [ 11 Answers ]

:(:(I have an old gas furnace (air ease) the blower motor won't turn on for the heat or the a/c. I hear it click when I switch from the two and the a/c and the heat are working but the blower is not, I'm currently laid off so I need cheap fix it answers thanks,JOE,P.S. my dogs chewed up the wire...

Blower motor won't turn on [ 4 Answers ]

:(:(I have an old gas furnace (air ease) the blower motor won't turn on for the heat or the a/c. I hear it click when I switch from the two and the a/c and the heat are working but the blower is not, I'm currently laid off so I need cheap fix it answers thanks,JOE,P.S. my dogs chewed up the wire...

Blower motor won't start [ 1 Answers ]

We have a RPJ heat exchanger Comfortmaster# GUG0948016N. I started the air, but the blower will not start. I swithed it to on-still nothing.How can I find out if it's the thermostat or if it's the motor itself.:

Burner motor won't stay on [ 1 Answers ]

Have a gas forced air furnace. Not sure of the name brand. When it calls for heat, the burner kick on, but won't stay on. They will burn for a short period, then they will turn off. The fan motor stays running, but I had to turn the start temp for the fan way down so it would blow what warm air...

Furnace Blower won't stay on [ 1 Answers ]

I have a problem with my furnace blower not staying on. I can set my thermostat for say 74 degrees and the furnace will come on normally. I can hear and see the furnace on, but it takes roughly one minute (ive timed it) before the blower comes on. I know the minute delay is pretty normal;...

View more questions Search