Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Duggi Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Aug 20, 2009, 05:43 AM
    Unit trips power on heating
    Have a 30000btu midwall split unit, unit cools beautifully,
    But when I reverse the cycle, evap blows warm air for +/-5 minutes
    Then it trips the power, but does not trip the power in cooling mode?
    Any ideas
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Aug 20, 2009, 06:50 AM
    Is this a heat pump type unit?
    Brand?
    Exact model number?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

AC unit outside kicks on for 2 sec. Then breaker trips [ 6 Answers ]

When the thermostat kicks the AC on the unit outside comes on for 2 seconds then trips the breaker. The blower inside the house stays on but because the compressor outside isn’t running it just circulates the warm air. The AC unit is on a 30 amp breaker switch so I believe that is large enough to...

Oven trips my power. [ 6 Answers ]

Hey all, first off I don't know much about electrical stuff. When I turn my oven on, and just keep it at 140 degrees, everything is fine. If I turn it up to +/- 180 degrees, it's fine for a while, but when it reaches the actual heat, my power trips. Now I know that I=V/R, so I guess when it...

Carrier Outside Unit Trips Breaker [ 9 Answers ]

I have a Carrier Central Air Unit, last night the vents started blowing warm air. The blower in the basement was obviously working so I went outside to find that part of the unit not operating. I went to the breaker in the basement to find it tripped. I turned off the ac unit at the thermostat and...

No power to heating and air conditioning unit [ 2 Answers ]

I replaced blower motor and new thermostat, but now there is no power to the complete unit.

AC/Heating unit stopped running - No power [ 4 Answers ]

My Janitrol AC Heating unit stopped running suddenly. I can neither use the Cool nor Heat (if I switch to either on the thurmostat I hear nothing). The fan doesn't run either when switched to ON. I checked the cirtcuit braker for the AC/Heating using and it was in the ON position, but when I try...

View more questions Search