Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chrispogi Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 24, 2006, 10:56 AM
    Programmable Thermostat
    Hello guys...

I have 2 programmable thermostat in my hand, one is Noma (Canadian Tire) and the other is RiteTemp (Home Depot), and my wife and I have a split decision on which one to use. I just want to ask some experts here or some people who have used the Noma Programmable Thermostat some features that are not written from the package.

a. Does Noma Programmable Thermostat uses mercury?
    b. Does it have a Vacation Override Control?
    c. Does it works without battery? At least the heat and air-conditioning.
    d. Does it have a Program Lockout? (Keeps setting from accidentally being change.)

Thanks a lot...
    METT Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Oct 29, 2006, 09:26 PM
    a. No
    b. Yes
    c. No
    d. Depending on models
    chrispogi Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 31, 2006, 08:10 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by chrispogi
    Hello guys...

I have 2 programmable thermostat in my hand, one is Noma (Canadian Tire) and the other is RiteTemp (Home Depot), and my wife and I have a split decision on which one to use. I just want to ask some experts here or some people who have used the Noma Programmable Thermostat some features that are not written from the package.

a. Does Noma Programmable Thermostat uses mercury?
    b. Does it have a Vacation Override Control?
    c. Does it works without battery? At least the heat and air-conditioning.
    d. Does it have a Program Lockout? (Keeps setting from accidentally being change.)

Thanks a lot...

Thank you so much...
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Oct 31, 2006, 09:26 AM
    Before making up your mind, check Northern Heat's bashing the Nomas. He is fairly new here, but sounds like he knows what he is talking about.
    NorthernHeat Posts: 1,455, Reputation: 132
    Ultra Member

Oct 31, 2006, 04:08 PM
    I would suggest Honeywell or Robertshaw they are the experts in making controls. They are only a few bucks more and will last twice as long, plus if you need assistance they are better set up to help homeowners. I have seen a lot of these new programmable stats die in less than 5 years. There is nothing better than the good old Honeywell T-87 round mercury bulb stat' it's just to bad they are not programmable.
    mikebobdan Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Oct 31, 2006, 06:04 PM
    Never messed with Noma t-stats but have with Rite Temp. They have very poor customer service and you have to read instructions well to know what jumps to move where. Like NorthernHeat said Honeywell or Robertshaw are your best bet.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Noma Programmable thermostat [ 14 Answers ]

I have tried to replace a conventional lever action mercury thermostat with a new digital programmable Noma thermostat. The AC works fine but when I turn on the heat, the AC come on then too and not the heat. I have no heat. This was the wiring for the original thermostat: Orange -> Y Red ->...

Noma programmable thermostat [ 3 Answers ]

I have an old carrier thermostat model q674j119 or t874g1790 for my oil furnace and heat pump. I tried to change this with Noma programmable thermostat model 52-2558-8 but everythings not working. This was the wiring for the original thermostat: O -> Orange R -> Red W2 -> White G -> Green C...

Programmable Thermostat [ 1 Answers ]

Problem with thermostat losing it's power and reseting

Programmable thermostat [ 3 Answers ]

I have a programmable thermostat , but the digital readout says 24.5 degrees all the time. The readout does not change when the temp in the house does. Any suggestions? Markus

View more questions Search