Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    writemike Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 10, 2009, 07:26 PM
    Kenmore Gas dryer heats for 5 mintes and turns off, then ignitor glows and turns off
    When I start the dryer on any heat level and timed drying, everything turns on as usual. After 5 minutes the flames turns off and never comes back on. If I turn off the dryer and start it again, I hear a click and the igniter turns on, glows and turns off before the gas comes through, then glows again and turns off before any flames.

I replaced the thermostat and high limit thermostat already.

Anything else? It seems like if I don't use the dryer for hours, then the flames will come on for 5 minutes.

Thanks!

Check out some similar questions!

Dryer turns then it stops I turn the barrel it turns . [ 3 Answers ]

Ok I have a Fisher and paykel model no. ED56AU when starting it sometimes I need to turn the barrel a few times to get it going or run it empty first for a while to make it work and even then I still have to turn the... thing a few times. It heats it drys but its getting worse lately

Single 20amp circuit turns off 10 min turns back on [ 2 Answers ]

I have a problem with a single 20Amp circuit, there are two small rooms with receptacles and lights attached to this circuit. (Home built in 1976). The power goes out completely and the 20Amp breaker does not trip or get hot, there is not any power across the breaker and then approximately 10min...

Kenmore Dryer turns off before clothes are dry [ 1 Answers ]

When dryer cycle is time set for 60 minutes of drying time, the machine turns off before the clothes are dry. The timer moves as required and the timer has been replaced. This is an intermittent problem.

Light turns on & Fan turns off automatically when a remot is installed [ 2 Answers ]

I bought a Hunter remote separately and installed to my ceiling fan. Everything works good except the following problem. I turn on the fan & turn off the light before I go to sleep and in the middle of night the light goes on and fan turns off. This happens a few times until morning when I turn...

Kenmore Elite gas dryer has no heat turns off when start button is released [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Kenmore Elite gas dryer Model 11074992300. At first the dryer would run but there was no heat. Now the dryer will only run when the start button is pressed, as soon as it's released it stops running and still no heat. Does anyone know what it will need to be repaired?

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.