Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rswank Posts: 2, Reputation: 2

Oct 18, 2006, 07:31 AM
    LED on Trane XB90 not on
    I have an Trane XB90 furnace and just recently moved the thermostat up a bit on the wall to make room for a light switch. I didn't cut power first and think I touched the stat wires. After hooking the stat back up the furnace would not turn on. I recycled power to the furnace and that did not help. Also, the red LED is NOT on at all on the board. I am thinking the board is fried. If I have power to the furnace and the led is not on at all would there be any other explanation other than a bad board?
    NorthernHeat Posts: 1,455, Reputation: 132
    Ultra Member

Oct 18, 2006, 03:40 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by rswank
    I have an Trane XB90 furnace and just recently moved the thermostat up a bit on the wall to make room for a light switch. I didn't cut power first and think I touched the stat wires. After hooking the stat back up the furnace would not turn on. I recycled power to the furnace and that did not help. Also, the red LED is NOT on at all on the board. I am thinking the board is fried. If I have power to the furnace and the led is not on at all would there be any other explanation other than a bad board?
    It is more likely a fuse in the low voltage cicuit in the furnace The fuse can be inline, or on the board. It is also possible you burnt out to transformer.
    rswank Posts: 2, Reputation: 2

Oct 19, 2006, 06:36 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthernHeat
    It is more likely a fuse in the low voltage cicuit in the furnace The fuse can be inline, or on the board. It is also possible you burnt out to transformer.
    Yep it was a 3amp fuse.
    Thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Who knows Led Zeppelin's Swan song? [ 4 Answers ]

I'm terriblly in need of the song of Led Zeppelin called "Swan song".Not their record label,but a tune of them.Someone only knows there's a lyric in it goes: "Baby, this is your swan song". Do you know of any Zeppelin song with this title or the lyric "baby, this is your swan song"? If you...

Led Zeppelin's In the light (Organ intro version) Can't find it [ 2 Answers ]

I heard this version of in the light that sounds better then the one I have on cd. It started with an organ intro and had this 60's sound to it but I can't find it anywhere.

Trane 500 AC [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I have a 10 year old central AC and it started to do this split second double start, then it runs just fine cooling the house. What do you think it is? Mike

91 Honda Civic - LED Reads 8? [ 3 Answers ]

The LED under the rug on a 91 Honda Civic - cranking but not starting has spark & fuel (just changed fuel pump evidently without reason, Main Relay Test good) LED blinks eight times. #8 = TDC Top Dead Center Timing. Does this mean the timing is off? If so need a fix.. probably a new belt as well...

Led Zeppelin Song [ 1 Answers ]

Here's then scenario: My public speaking teacher was describing the rules for shirades, which we played in class to demonstrate nonverbal communication. In giving some background information of his use of the game, he noted that many years ago, one of the songs that a student suggested for the...

View more questions Search