Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hibabs Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 13, 2006, 09:13 AM
    Tempstar smartcomfort two stage gas furance
    The power went off in my area and the furnace has not worked since. I looked at the circutbreakers none were tripped. I turned the one switch I see on the furnace and still nothing. It will be some time before I can get service since there is a driving ban in my city right now can anyone give me other things to try. I don't know if there is a pilot light.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Oct 13, 2006, 09:47 AM
    Aruuuuuuuuuuugh! Locate the circuit breaker for the furnace, and push the lever all the way to off and back on. Sometimes you have to do that. If that doesn't help, shut it off again. Open the furnace and look for a circuit board, usually near the filters. Look and see if it has a fuse, either the old tubular glass ones or the newer flat plastic ones. A power surge could have blown it. If you don't have another one, perhaps you could steal one out of something else in the house until you can get to a store.

From there it is tough to do much without a meter, voltage detector, or at least a test light. There should be a transformer connected into the wiring from the house and to the circuit board. They often burn out too.
    NorthernHeat Posts: 1,455, Reputation: 132
    Ultra Member

Oct 14, 2006, 11:05 AM
    Open the blower compartment for the furnace locate the PC board. Push the safety door switch, are there any LED's on the board that light-up? Sounds like a modern high efficiency furnace being 2 stage, so probably no standing pilot.
    Well that's a start

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

End stage renal failure [ 8 Answers ]

My mother has been sent home to die with end stage renal failure and cerebral atrophy. She has been on dialysis for 15 months and doctors tell us let her die in peace. I am having a hard time with this. Is there anything we can try before she leaves us. I can't face the alternative of her dying...

Cancer of neck Stage 4 [ 14 Answers ]

Hi I'm new here , I'm crasping at straws at this stage of the game but thought what the heck. I was diagnosed about 3 months ago and it has been a real roller coster ride. I'm not going into a lot of detail, just going to tell you what I'm taking as alternative. MSM PAU d'ARCO TEA 4-5 CUPS A...

Humidifier and Furance Hookup [ 1 Answers ]

I have a pair of Carrier 100 BTU furnaces controlled by a Honeywell programmable thermostat. There is a Aprilaire humidifier with a completely separate control attached to the furnace. I purchased a fan relay Steveco 90-293Q to wire the humidifer inline with the furnace thermostat control. I would...

RTH230B Thermostat and Tempstar NTC5057BHB1 [ 4 Answers ]

I too installed a RTH230B programmable thermostat this winter and all has been going well on the heat side. We tried to turn on the AC today, I get the symbol of the snowflake, but not the fan. Here is my current wiring on the Thermostat: G=Green Y=Yellow W=White Rc=Red Rh=Blue The...

Transformer wiring of tempstar furnace [ 2 Answers ]

Hi Labman, I had a bad relay (LY2 24 VAC), so I marked the wires on piece of paper to take it off and install the new one. The problem that I lost the paper somehow and I don't have a clue how to install the new one. I know that the I/p is 120 VAC and the o/P 24 VAC. How ever I have 6-wires...

View more questions Search