Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hath Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 22, 2009, 03:18 PM
    Carrier Heat Pump Wiring For Honeywell TSTAT
    Hi,

I have a Carrier 38VYX080N / 40DQV080 (heating and AC) which has a non programmable thermostat. I want to replace it with a honeywell 7400 but can't figure out what wires go where on the honeywell. I have attached the wiring diagram that came with my heatpump. Any ideas? Thanks.
    Attached Images
  1. File Type: pdf img-6231309-0001.pdf (31.1 KB, 271 views)
    hath Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 23, 2009, 05:05 PM
    Any body?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wiring a Honeywell RTH7400 Thermostat for heat pump [ 2 Answers ]

I'm replacing a 24 year old Bryant heat pump thermostat with two mercury switches, part number P271-3457 with a Honeywell RTH7400. It controls a heat pump/air conditioner with electric thermal storage (equivalent to electric resistance backup) as second stage heating. The Honeywell manual and...

Honeywell tstat with aux heat [ 3 Answers ]

I have a new luxaire heat pump with aux heat. I am replacing the tstat. Is the supposed to be a wire for the aux slot? I have the red on the r/rc, the blue on the c, the yellow on the y, the green on the g and the white & orange together on the o/b. any ideas are welome. Thanks Gretchen ...

Change from Honeywell heat, and Carrier AC tstat's to LUX tstat [ 7 Answers ]

OK, here is the equipment: 10 yr old Carrier A/C unit with Carrier non-programmable tstat with available connections: DO NOT USE R Y/Y2 G C W/W1

Honeywell RTH 7400 Thermostat wiring for Heat Pump (Rheem) [ 2 Answers ]

I am trying to hook up a Honeywell RTH 7400 Tstat to the existing Rheem HVAC in my house. Currently using Rheem thermostat that came with the house (non-programmeable, using mercury tubes). Heating is provided by a heat pump as well as Natural gas furnace for aux heating (besides the air...

Trane Heat Pump tstat replacement with Honeywell prog - wiring question [ 1 Answers ]

I want to replace my Trane Weathertron tstat with a Honeywell RTH7400 prog one. I have a Trane heat pump with aux heat. I've been poring over these thread piece-mealing some info the follow is the result. The old wiring scheme: X2 - black O - orange G - green Y - yellow T - tan/brown R -...

View more questions Search