Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rocknsaw Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 8, 2009, 12:57 PM
    Trane A/C condenser fan
    I am working on a Trane 4 ton condenser. I need to know if the fan should be turning clockwise or counterclockwise. The rotation arrrow on the label shows clockwise, but when turning clockwise the fan is not blowing out the top. Instead it is pulling air in. Can I change the rotation of the fan? And if so, how do I go about doing this? Any replies will be welcome.
    Joshdta Posts: 2,549, Reputation: 45
    Ultra Member

May 8, 2009, 01:26 PM

I found a few trane units running exactly the same way. Has the fan motor been changed? Or is it the original?
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Jul 16, 2010, 06:09 PM

To answer and old post, many have 2 wires that need to be swapped, sometimes written on Motor label. Swap brown and purple or something.
    Miguel Nieves Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 27, 2012, 08:16 PM
    Wiring diagram for my unit please
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

May 28, 2012, 04:54 AM
    It may be on the motor label.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trane XL20i heat pump requires Trane 900 series thermostat? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I was wondering if the Trane XL20i heat pump requires the use of Trane's 900 series thermostat or if a Honeywell VisionPro IAQ thermostat can be used.

TRANE vs Amana in New Home: Is a TRANE upgrade worth $4k? [ 8 Answers ]

Background/Details: Building new home in North Texas. Closing at end of August. Builder and I are in dispute over what hardware to install for the AC. House is gas heated so this is about the AC side only. The AC hardware that comes with the house is made by Amana (under license to Goodman...

Trane A/C condenser motor not working [ 1 Answers ]

Is there a relay that triggers the Condenser motor? Also, I checked the voltage at the AC controller and it is at 26 VAC, is this a problem if it is intended to be 24?

Replacing A/C - condenser or heat pump/condenser [ 1 Answers ]

I live in a condo. All of the units in the building need to new air conditioners because they are all old and will not survive a scheduled reroofing of the building. The association got a bid for a company that will put in a new condenser unit for anyone who wants one - it is about $1500 installed....

Quote on 2 1/2 ton Trane XR13 and var spd Trane Blower [ 2 Answers ]

I was just quoted on a 2nd floor A/C replacement, condenser and var speed blower, 2 1/2 ton Trane XR13 with upgrade options. Live in CT Are these prices sane ? Includes removal of old unit, upgrade of refrig line, added insulation on old ductwork - work to be done in walkup attic Quote...

View more questions Search