Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Bill Miles Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 25, 2006, 07:44 AM
    Ductless Air Conditioner/Heat Pump
    I have a 225 sq.ft. insulated bonus room with a 7' ceiling over my garage. Although there are two supply lines and a return to this room from 3 Ton Central Air unit they are not sufficient to cool or heat this room. In fact, the 3 ton unit was really only sized for the 2500 sq. ft. main floor.

I'm considering a ductless ac/heat pump unit and would like to know if a 1 ton unit would be too large. All the one tons I've seen are around 20,000 BTUs. I would think that 9000-10000 BTUs would be closer to what I need.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

Billy Miles
    esquire1 Posts: 2,483, Reputation: 209
    Ultra Member

Sep 26, 2006, 04:11 PM
    A 1 ton will cool 300-400 sq ft depending on your area and humidity as a rule of thumb
    Bill Miles Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 26, 2006, 05:05 PM
    Esquire1,

Many thanks for your response.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Heat pump transformer [ 3 Answers ]

Where is the transformer and what does it look like and how can I tell if it is bad?

Heat Pump? [ 2 Answers ]

I recently had someone install a brand new 98% eff. Furnace with a 13 seer a/c. They offered to put a dual fuel heat pump in for $2000.00. My gas bills are still a little higher than I would like and I wanted to know if a dual fuel heat pump is really worth the extra money and if it would save me...

Heat Pump [ 7 Answers ]

I have a Lennox heat pump. My builder was required to put one in per our neighborhood association. However, he set the thermostat so that it would never kick on because he thought I would like the hotter air provided by the gas furnace. I was thinking with the price of gas on the rise the heat...

View more questions Search