Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hburch Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 15, 2006, 08:28 AM
    Mold problems with air conditioning
    House is 21 years old and never had a mold problem till we replace the a/c unit 3 years ago. Do some units produce too much moisture? The new unit is a well known brand. Look in some of the ducts today and can see mildrew. Is there a solution?
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Sep 15, 2006, 09:14 AM
    No, A/C units do not produce moisture, they remove moisture. So it may be that you got a unit that does not remove enough moisture. This is not a simple troubleshoot for a diy'er.

If I were you I would call local reputable companies out for their opinions as to what's wrong and what it would cost to fix it. These sorts of estimates are free.
    ACMike04 Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Jan 2, 2011, 01:23 AM
    Over sized units will cool ,but will not move air across coil slow enough to remove moisture ,have unit sized as previous note said, but moving blower down from high speed to medium high may help .

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Air Conditioning issues [ 3 Answers ]

I did do a search and no thread seemed to answer my problem. We have had a pretty bad heat wave this year in OK and have really been testing our AC in the house. Well about 2 weeks ago it started weakening its effectiveness (Its 110 outside but it keeps it approx 80 inside) so it is working just...

Air conditioning mishap [ 2 Answers ]

Please excuse my lack of knowledge about all things mechanical/electrical, but here we go... I was trimming around my rheem a/c unit with my weedeater and accidentally snagged a thin brown wire and gave it a REALLY hard yank. I stopped and gingerly checked to make sure it was still connected...

Air Conditioning [ 7 Answers ]

You should have 5 wires running to the outside unit. 2 big heavy, insulated ones plus a ground from the breaker outside by the unit, and a couple of little insulated ones coming out from the furnace. With the thermostat calling for cooling, the big ones should have 240 V between them and the...

New Air Conditioning / Mold [ 1 Answers ]

In March 2005, I had a 12 year old central heat pump replaced with a brand new unit. At the same time, I replaced the main ducting from the heat pump with brand new ducting. The H&A guys said the branch ducting was fine and didn't need to be replaced so it wasn't. Over the past couple of...

View more questions Search