Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cddragon Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 15, 2009, 11:44 AM
    Nordyne pressure switch
    Red led lights indicate pressure switch is open, where is the pressure switch or valve?
    Joshdta Posts: 2,549, Reputation: 45
    Ultra Member

Apr 15, 2009, 01:01 PM

It is a small black switch with to wires on it and a air tube.

http://www.mobilehomerepair.com/medi...yne/632409.jpg

Are you sure you vent motor is running?

Apr 15, 2009, 02:16 PM

Thank you for responding.
    Vent motor? That's what it's called?LOL

After looking and reading all information on-line. I went back to the unit and removed the gray tubing blew into in. tried to restart he unit. No blinking light, and the unit fired right up. This is a new unit, it was free and we replaced our 20 year old coleman furnace with it. So no instructional manuel no warranties. Was working just fine. I live in N Arizona we have had a lot of winds and dust. And I wonder if it was just clogged?

Thank you
    For responding.

Carmen
    Ultra Member

Apr 15, 2009, 02:34 PM

Glad you got it running. Dust mositure, or anything can cause the pressure switch to stick. Have a good day!

Apr 16, 2009, 07:22 AM

Well it's not working again, how hard is it to replace that part and where do I get it?
    Ultra Member

Apr 16, 2009, 10:04 AM

As I was saying it may not be a problem with the pressure switch. It could be your venter motor. Or you chimney. Check you cap on the roof and make sure it is clear. Pressure switches very rairly go bad.
    JoAnn4 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 10, 2014, 03:14 PM
    My was turned off, at the time I did not worry too much because I was running the air condition. The air condition works, but now I need the furnace. When I turn the switch to heat nothing happen so I looked at the light. It was blinking twice. What can I do so I don't have to call any body. Please help. Thank you for your time.
    bitters Posts: 348, Reputation: 12

Sep 11, 2014, 11:01 AM
    Check to make sure the combustion blower is running. This will the first thing that will start when calling for heat.

Should look something like this.
    Attached Images

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Deep well, pressure tank/switch not building pressure [ 13 Answers ]

The only way I have water pressure is to leave the power on! I have replaced the 5 gallon pressure tank (28psi when void of water)/fittings/pressure gauge and tried 3 new 30/50 pressure switches and the problem remains the same. With the power off, the pressure drops to 0 (not 30). When I...

Goodman limit switch/pressure switch? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I've got a goodman furnace (mod. # GHT070-3) it's about 5 years old. Recently, the heat will only kick on for about 30 seconds then shut off. It's giving me 4 flashes: Open limit switch, then it kicks off. After that it gives me 3 flashes and turns back on (pressure switch). It seems the...

Nordyne furnace: 2 blinks - pressure switch is on. [ 1 Answers ]

How do I fix this? 2 blinks - pressure switch is on... :confused:

Nordyne heater flashing light indicates pressure swithc open. [ 2 Answers ]

LED is indicating that pressure switch is open with inducer on. We checked for any clogs in the intake and exhaust and there is nothing. What else could it be?

View more questions Search