Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Thackston Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 24, 2009, 09:43 AM
    Leaking Faucet (Peerless)
    Have an older Peerless faucet with two clear plastic on/off knobs and the hot water side is leaking. Turned water supply off and took handle off on the hot water side and there appears to be a plastic cartridge inside with an O ring on the outside of the cartridge and smaller one inside. Will just replacing the O rings solve my problem or do I need to replace the whole cartridge? Or, is this even the problem as to why the faucet is even leaking?
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Mar 24, 2009, 10:18 AM

Is it leaking from the spout or from the stem itself, around the handle ?

Yes, you could replace O rings . Home Depot sells repair kits. However, it is a good practice to replace entire stem. It is not expensive item at all and will take you less time then replacing O rings.

We always replace both, hot and cold, stems when doing service on faucets. This way, stems will "feel" the same and will start deteriorating at the same, exact, time.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Peerless kitchen faucet low pressure? [ 15 Answers ]

Hey there, I want to first off say thanks for any and all input on the matter its much appreciated. I have peerless model# p99578 it's the kitchen faucet two handles and one long neck up the middle. This thing has very little pressure when using hot or cold? It does however have great pressure...

Peerless faucet [ 1 Answers ]

We have a two handled peerless kitchen faucet with sprayer. Water just trickles out and nothing come out of the sprayer. When it is turned on it spits out a little water then there's a clunking noise like when the spayer is used, then after a pause the water flows slow, very slow (2-3 minutes to...

Peerless faucet cartridge removal [ 1 Answers ]

After removing the chrome cylinder and the retainer from the top of the cartridge, what do I do next to extract the cartridge from the faucet assembly.:) confused:

Help w/ Leak - Peerless bathroom faucet [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Peerless bathroom sink faucet. It is a two-handled faucet. The faucet is leaking, and the water feels cold, so I'm getting it relates to the cold water faucet. I removed the handle and pulled out the cartridge, but the bottom of the cartridge is flat. There is a rubber washer embedded in...

Help w/ Leak - Peerless bathroom faucet [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Peerless bathroom sink faucet. The faucet is leaking, and the water feels cold, so I'm getting it relates to the cold water faucet. I removed the handle and pulled out the cartridge, but the bottom of the cartridge is flat. There is a rubber washer embedded in the base of the cold water...

View more questions Search