Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tdawg Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 1, 2006, 09:01 PM
    Furnace Fan Timer
    Looking for assistance on how to install a timer on a low voltage gas forced air (with a/c) system so that the blower fan can be set to come on at certain times and off at others, while still being automatically controlled as needed by the system.
    juggallojed Posts: 165, Reputation: 10

Sep 4, 2006, 11:22 AM
    Install the timer from are to g have the fan run when timer switch is closed this will not interrupt the normal operation of the system

Now let me say this,, if the fan starts 4 times a day its most likely that the energy consumed will be more than a 24 hr continuous run.

A continuous run is also less wear and tear on the motor... most failures (not related to dirty motors) are on startup as the amps go high to get it from stopped to running,

Once up to operation speed the energy usage is minimal

Blah blah blah sorry I get ramblin,, be safe
    Bridgerman Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Oct 8, 2006, 07:39 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tdawg
    Looking for assistance on how to install a timer on a low voltage gas forced air (with a/c) system so that the blower fan can be set to come on at certain times and off at others, while still being automatically controlled as needed by the system.
    Hello,

There is a product to do just what you are looking for. It is called ThermGuard and attached directly to your thermostat fan switch. You can program it to have the fan come on at intervals and program how long the fan stays on when activated. It also doesn't interfere with the normal operation of your thermostat. The web site for information is:

www.bearmountaindesign.com

Cheers,
    John
    TKellertck Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 1, 2007, 02:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tdawg
    Buy a Braeburn Model # 5300. Recirculating fan mode can be programed in that stat.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Shower hot water timer [ 9 Answers ]

Could anyone tell me if there is any kind of shower timer that would turn off the hot water after a certain time limit, e.g. 5 or 10 minutes. Is there anything like this that could be installed on a regular shower so that showers could be limited to a certain time.

Tax Questions - First timer here [ 3 Answers ]

Hi Atlanta Expert and other members of this forum. This is my first post in this forum and I need help with some Tax questions. Background Indian citizen Worked on F1/OPT for company X in Virginia - Feb 14 2005 - April 20, 2005 Worked on F1/OPT for company Y in California - May 2 2005 - Sep...

Shower timer [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I googled shower timer and ended up here. Do you know of any instance where someone has installed a water timer above the showerhead for disabled person with upper body strength issues? Already tried putting a lever on the shower faucet and can't change the whole shower fixture. Seems like...

View more questions Search