Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mrsschmo Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 1, 2006, 06:44 PM
    Hunter 44110 Programmable Thermostat Wiring HELP!
    My current thermostat has the following six wires, hooked as follows:

Orange to O
    Green to G
    Yellow to Y1
    Red to R
    Black to C
    White to W1

I am attempting to install the Hunter Programmable thermostat, which only gives me 5 placements for wires:

G
    RC
    RH
    (with a red cord between them)
    Y
    W

Where should my 6 wires go??
    Please advise...
    letmetellu Posts: 3,151, Reputation: 317
    Ultra Member

Sep 1, 2006, 08:41 PM
    To me it sounds like your old thermostat was for a heat pump and that you new thermostat is not. Do you have a heat pump... give a little more information.
    mrsschmo Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 2, 2006, 07:36 AM
    Okay... it's apparently not combatible. So... I purchased a different one which was compatible... the Honeywell RTH7400D.

I think I got all the right connections:
    C to C
    G to G
    Y1 to Y (not sure about this one)
    O to O
    R to R (with the jumper running to the RC as well)
    W1 to Aux (also not sure about this)

The instructions say that "some system modification is required if your old thermostat had wires on Y1 or W1. Call your local contractor for assistance."

Any help??
    What modifications do I need to make at this point?

Please advise...

Thanks in advance.
    -Mrs Schmo
    vzresum6hi Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 8, 2007, 06:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsschmo
    My current thermostat has the following six wires, hooked as follows:

Orange to O
    Green to G
    Yellow to Y1
    Red to R
    Black to C
    White to W1

I am attempting to install the Hunter Programmable thermostat, which only gives me 5 placements for wires:

G
    RC
    RH
    (with a red cord between them)
    Y
    W

Where should my 6 wires go???
    Please advise...
    My hunter 44110 programmable was just install but will not cut off can u help me?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wiring Honeywell Programmable Thermostat [ 10 Answers ]

I am having trouble figuring out the wiring for a new programmable thermostat installation. I moved into a barnd new house equipped with two Robertshaw Model 9400 Thermostats (one for each zone). I bought Honeywell RTH7500D programmable thermostats to replace them because I wanted programmable...

Hunter Thermostat wiring [ 6 Answers ]

Hello! I seem to have "developed" a problem tonight. I just removed my old manual thermo and labeled the wiring accordingly. It looked the heat hot came into a spot labeled "4". Then it was jumpered to Rc. So when I hooked up the Hunter programmable 44360, there was already a jumper between Rc and...

White-Rodgers to new Hunter Thermostat (Wiring Help Please) [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, I have a new home, built in 2003, with Central Heat and Air. It's all run off electricity and is using a Lennox Model CB29M-41-1P heat pump. The WHITE ROGERS DIGITAL HEAT PUMP THERMOSTAT 1F89-211 used the following wires: White Red Brown Orange Yellow

Need help wiring Honeywell programmable thermostat [ 1 Answers ]

Have a 5-2 programmable Honeywell thermostat - replacing my old mercury unit. Have a spilt-system Bryant heat pump. Brown - Br Green - G White - W1 Blue - B Yellow - Y Red - R Connected G, W1, Y and R (not B, not Br). Heat works fine. Just switched to cooling and I only get hot air. Any...

Wiring Question for Hunter programmable Thermostat [ 7 Answers ]

Hey there, I'm hoping someone can help me with this. OK I have a Hunter Programmable Thermostat Model #44360. When I hook it up the fan works, it kicks on when it should at the right temp, however it's blowing hot. The color wires that are hooked up with my old thermostat are: White, Blue, Green,...

View more questions Search