Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    milusos08 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jan 13, 2009, 10:41 AM
    Trane xe90 makes clicking and won't heat up to temp setting.
    I have a trane heating system and I have already clean the flame sensor and replace the thermostat. The unit its set at 70 but it will only bring temp to 63 max. The burners will light up and then shutdown when the fan starts. Then, minutes latter the burners will come on again. I noticed that the small fan stays on all the time and a red light comes on on the board when the burners are on is all this normal? Please help, do I still need to replace the flame sensor.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Jan 13, 2009, 01:24 PM
    Have you checked the air filter?

Are all the registers and cold air returns open?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trane heat pump /rite temp thermo [ 1 Answers ]

Heat auto shutoff won't work. Just put rite-temp thermo on. C w2 rc o b rh w y g a Bl o r w/b y g There is a jumper between rc and rh. Rite temp 8050C. Please help me.

Heat Pump Outdoor unit makes a 'clicking' noise, what cloud be the cause? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Carrier Heat Pump system. I estimate it is 15+ years old. I had it serviced this past summer. (Reversing valve replaced & recharged). The unit has run well since. It now make a 'clicking' sound when the out-door unit is running. There is no mechanical interference that fan blades...

Heat not kicking on until the temp dips below 64 degrees, target temp set to 72 [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, This is my first time posting here, but I figured it was a good place to start for some advice. I just bought a new townhouse a few weeks ago and have been having some heating issues since moving in. The actual furnace (Goodman GMS 8045) was installed in June of '06 while the unit was...

Engine makes clicking noise [ 1 Answers ]

On my b & s 11hp engine I hear a clicking noise when it is running I know it isn't the pulley or anything but it is coming from inside the engine/ anyone know why? How to fix it? Thanks

Furnace continues to heat past the desired temp. Setting [ 1 Answers ]

I have a gas furnace with an AC unit. My wife wanted to replace the old mercury thermostat with a new digital model. We bought a Honeywell RTH230B. Now the furnace continues to heat, well past the set temperature on the thermostat. I have to switch the thermostat to the off position to get the...

View more questions Search