Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bigjohn767 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 10, 2009, 07:25 PM
    Wiring problems: Carrier to Honeywell thermostat
    I currently have a Carrier thermostat and I THINK the model is 2996-003396 but I'm not sure if I'm reading the correct label.

It has the following wires:
    W, Y, G, R, C, O/W2 (orange wire in with a yellow jumper to L), L, S1, S2

I have purchased a new Honeywell thermostat model RTH7600 (I'm a geek, I like touch screens... :D), anyway, the terminals listed in it do not correspond to the wires I have.

I have a gas furnace with a Carrier heat pump for air conditioning. The heat pump works until the temp outside goes to about 56F. I know this because I turned the gas off last year to protest prices but turned it back on this year because the electric bills were eating me up :)...

Any help you can provide will be greatly appreciated. I'm a computer guy so I will try to help others in that category.

Thanks,
    John
    solar1 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Jan 10, 2009, 07:41 PM
    If you have a Carrier heat pump, possibly a Hybrid Heat, switching to Gas forced air as a back up when the temp. drops below your balance point you need a t-stat capable of performing this task. Not any t-stat off the shelf from Wal- Mart or your local heating contractor will do. So start with making certain the Honeywell touch screen, vision pro or what ever it is able to work in this application. Don't give yourself a headache if you are not sure and check or you will drive yourself nuts trying to figure out wiring that will not work. If you already are aware of this then getting the manuals and finding the function of each terminal is necessary. Different manufacturers sometimes use different letter assignments for the terminals other than R,W,Y,G, and sometimes C. Lennox would use T instead of C for example

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Replacement of Carrier Heat Pump Thermostat with Honeywell TH6000 series thermostat. [ 4 Answers ]

I have a Carrier Series 50QT Electric heat pump that still uses the original non programmable thermostat. I am trying to replace it with Honeywell TH6000 series programmable thermostat. The wiring on the existing Thermostat as follows: O - White, I am thinking this is the Reversing Valve? Y...

Wiring Honeywell RTH6400D thermostat to Carrier ZONECC3Z(AC/HP)01 [ 1 Answers ]

I want to replace the carrier thermostats with Honeywell programmable thermostats. The wiring guilds aren't clear in the instruction manual. The Carrier thermostat has the following: R (red wire) C (blue wire) Y/Y2 (Yellow wire) Y1 (empty) G ( green) W/W1 (White) ...

Thermostat change from carrier to honeywell [ 3 Answers ]

I need to change a carrier (Y841A 1647 HH07AT215 class 2) thermostat to a honeywell (TH4210D - 2 heat/1cool heat pump). I can't find the wiring diagram for the carrier thermostat. I need to identify what terminal (and color wire) and function on the carrier corresponds to the honeywell.

Honeywell to Carrier Thermostat wiring [ 7 Answers ]

Honeywell TH4110D thermostat. Carrier 58PAV90 Furnace. Recently had to replace the carrier board, but failed to make note of the wiring for the thermostat and AC Terminal - Wire White - White Yellow - Blue Green - Green Rc/R - Red On the Carrier 58PAV090

Replacing Honeywell T8411R with Honeywell RTH7500 - wiring problems [ 1 Answers ]

I need help getting my new, programmable thermostat to work. I currently have a dual-stage Heat Pump and A/C unit that works fine. The current thermostat is the Honeywell T8411R. I don't know the number for the subbase, but it's the one that came with the thermostat. The current (operational)...

View more questions Search