Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dochollywood Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 29, 2008, 12:17 PM
    Fireplace gas line replacement/repair
    I have a gas line t=(that helps start) to my wood burning fireplace that is broken off at the tip in the fireplace itself, I would like to change it for a new one. How do I remove the current one and replace it with a new one? It doesn't seem like it should be all that hard.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Dec 29, 2008, 02:14 PM
    Turn off gas supply to old unit. Get tools/pipe wrench etc and remove old. Install new.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fireplace repair [ 22 Answers ]

I have a 3 yr old home with a fireplace that while poking wood we stabbed a crack in the back "fake brick" piece in the back. Now the crack is getting bigger. How do I fix this, is it a fire hazard?

Wood Burning Fireplace Repair [ 2 Answers ]

- I bought a home that has a fireplace insert with an added on propane gas log appliance. I would like to burn wood in this fireplace and would like to know how to seal the hole where the gas line entered. The manufactuer has gone out of business but a company that used to sell the fireplaces told...

Fireplace repair [ 3 Answers ]

I am renovating a house, the previous owners used the fireplace often. The mortar between some of the bricks has broken away. Is this a simple repair, and what type of mortar should be used.

Fireplace repair [ 1 Answers ]

My fireplace has small cracks in the bottom of the concrete . Do I have to take out all the concrete and replace it or can I just put some refactory cement over the crackes? I use the fireplace a lot in the winter and go through 2 to 3 metal racks a year thank you for any help you can give.

Fireplace repair/replacement [ 1 Answers ]

Not sure if this should be here or in the construction forum but... We have a brick fireplace on our house that is spalling. The prior owner painted the brick with regular housepaint instead of masonry paint so the bricks could breathe. There are some cracked fire bricks in the back of the...

View more questions Search