Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MJSenterprises Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 23, 2008, 02:11 PM
    Payne HVAC or American Standard
    I am replacing a 4-ton upflow furnace in a rental house. I have 1 quote for $1400 using american standard and another for $1200 using a Payne.

The tech for the Am Stan tells me the Payne is a very poor unit.

Any infor on what is best?
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Dec 23, 2008, 02:24 PM
    The tech for the Am Stan tells me the Payne is a very poor unit

Sure they did because they do not sell Payne-Bryant or Carrier. These three units are made by the same company.

Either price sounds very cheap if it includes labor.
    KC13 Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 99
    Ultra Member

Dec 23, 2008, 02:33 PM

An American Standard dealer calling Payne a poor unit? Help! I'm laughing so hard... I've fallen... and I can't get up! Oh yeah, you don't want that Chevy crap, let me put you in a nice Yugo! Puh-leez...
    MarkwithaK Posts: 955, Reputation: 107

Dec 23, 2008, 06:54 PM

American Standard is made by Trane and you will experience the same troubles getting parts as you would with a Trane. Go with the Payne unit. Parts are readily available and usually cheaper.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

American Standard Shower Valve [ 10 Answers ]

I have a single lever (actually a rotating knob) American Standard valve. It's stuck so that it doesn't allow any hot water (cold is fine) to pass. Last time this happened (that was about a year ago -- this particlar shower doesn't get used much), the plumber removed the face plate, took out a...

American standard actuator bounces [ 4 Answers ]

I replaced the actuator(flapper) on a 17 year old american std tank and it keeps bouncing up & down as it tries to seal. At first I though it was from the waves made as water fills the tank, so I tried slowing down the rate of flow into the tank. But the problem persists. Any help or suggestions...

Shower Drip - American Standard [ 2 Answers ]

I have an American Standard Reliant + shower head that drips. Have replaced the cartridge & still dripping. Actually water is slowly coming out of the pressure balancing unit even when the water line is shut off. Do I need a new pressure balancing unit? What are the check stops for (one on each...

Installing Hunter from American Standard [ 1 Answers ]

I am having trouble hooking up a Hunter 44860 thermostat. My old thermostat was an American Standard Thermostat ASYSTAT655A. Any suggestions would be most helpful, Thanks so much! Andy

Payne HVAC Part [ 1 Answers ]

I'm looking for a PAYNE circuit board MOdel # 810AJ042A.:)

View more questions Search