Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dhyatt Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 21, 2008, 12:29 PM
    Heat on central unit will shut down
    Heating syste on central air unit will not shut off t-stat has been replaced. Disconnected power for unit and check relays in system have one relay that is operates fan and another that that routes power to fan really and to heater coil both had continuity until I disconnect power wire coming to fan relay on contact 1 and that really now is good across all contacts. The main relay showed continuity through contact positions starte to disconnect the wiring from really and upper body of relay came off in hand. Think tis is the problem any advice would be apperciated.

Thanks
    Dhyatt
    Larryg300 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 21, 2008, 01:31 PM
    On most furnaces if one of the safety switch (i.e.inducer blower pressure switch, roll back switch, limit switch or even the circuit board fuse) is tripped (opens if its normally closed). The indoor fan will run continuously.
    MarkwithaK Posts: 955, Reputation: 107

Dec 21, 2008, 01:46 PM

Well if your relay came apart then I would start there lol.
    KC13 Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 99
    Ultra Member

Dec 21, 2008, 02:00 PM

Sounds like a stack-type sequencer that came apart... I wouldn't feel too bad about breaking it, if it came apart that easily it was likely your problem to begin with.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Central heat and air unit [ 2 Answers ]

When heat is on only cool air is blowing out, the fan outside on the unit is not coming on at all what could it be

Central AC and Heat will not shut off and is blowing cool air [ 4 Answers ]

Our central air and heating system is not shutting off and it is blowing cool air. Does anyone know what causes this and how to stop it? Should we change the air filter? We have already changed the batteries in the thermostat.

Central Heat won't shut off! [ 1 Answers ]

I am having problems with my central heat not shutting off when the desired temperature is reached. If you go press it down to the next degree it will shut off then. I don't know if I need to replace the thermostat or if it is something more. Please help

Day and night central unit =No Heat [ 5 Answers ]

Fan comes on NO HEAT changed the Mercury switch still not heating. Pilot is on What to do now?

Central air conditioning unit auto shut off does not kick in [ 3 Answers ]

Our central air conditioner would not start. Since we had this covered under our utility provider's WorryFree Services program, they sent a technician to look into the problem. The technician had to replace something like a transformer which had died due to old age. The airconditioner runs now...

View more questions Search