Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    blkboot Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 17, 2008, 03:04 PM
    Trane heat pump wreathertron thermostat
    I switched my trane heat pump wreathertron thermostat from normal to Emergency heat, Did I cause damage and I want to change it back to normal can I safely?
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Dec 17, 2008, 03:10 PM
    Flip the switch back since flipping the thermostat switch itself causes no damage.
    KC13 Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 99
    Ultra Member

Dec 17, 2008, 03:54 PM

Actually, that switch is provided for the event that the homeowner wishes to cause random, senseless damage to the system. Much more convenient than the old, cumbersome sledgehammers-just flip the switch and boom! The system is ruined. P.S. Don't believe a word of this...
    wmproop Posts: 3,749, Reputation: 91
    Ultra Member

Dec 17, 2008, 03:55 PM

If you disagree with hvac1000`s answer,, who`s to say you won`t disagree with the answer from anyone or everyone else's answer,, so why ask the question
    Ultra Member

Dec 17, 2008, 03:57 PM

Maybe check with someone on the Pregnancy/New Motherhood forum...
    Ultra Member

Dec 17, 2008, 04:12 PM

I'll bet there was a bit of a burning odor when those seldom used and dusty heater strings powered up. Don't panic until you see smoke.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Dec 17, 2008, 04:24 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by KC13 View Post
    I'll bet there was a bit of a burning odor when those seldom used and dusty heater strings powered up. Don't panic until you see smoke.

OR This could also be a indication of a problem usually corrected with a service call to someone who knows what they are doing. LOL
    Attached Images

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trane XE 1200 Heat Pump [ 4 Answers ]

I have a Trane XE 1200 Heat Pump and am trying to install a programmable Honeywell RTH7500 thermostat and have an extra wire. The previous thermostat was a manual Trane. I connected the Blue wire to the C terminal, the Yellow wire to the Y terminal, the Green wire to the G terminal, the Orange...

Hunter 44660 Thermostat to Trane XE1000 Heat Pump Wiring Problems [ 1 Answers ]

:(:( I have a Hunter 44660 Thermostat that I am trying to connect to my Trane XE1000 Heat Pump. I think I have the wires not correct. The pump wires are (yellow,Red,White,Orange,Black,Blue, Green) and the Thermostate has Y1, RH, RC1, RC1, RC, Y/O, W/B, G. Can someone help?

Honeywell RTH Thermostat with Trane Heat Pump [ 1 Answers ]

Honeywell RTH 7400 Thermostat wiring for Heat Pump (Trane) I am trying to hook up a Honeywell RTH 7400 Tstat to the existing Trane HVAC in my house. Currently using White Rodgers thermostat that came with the house (non-programmeable, using mercury tubes). Heating is provided by a heat pump. ...

Schematic for trane heat pump [ 1 Answers ]

I have a TRANE XR13 2TWR3024 heat pump. The schematic drawing, that came with the unit, shows a circuit board labeled DFC. There are no details on the drawing except the contacts of three relays, K1, K2 and K3. Can someone tell me how these three relays are controlled or if a complete schematic is...

Wiring Thermostat Honeywell 8320U to Furnace-heat pump Trane XE78+XE1000 Combo [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, I have the following systems, each set is functional and individually controlled by two separate Trane Weathertron BAYSTAT240 thermostats. Set 1: Trane Weathertron: BAYSTAT240 Heat side Trane XE78: TUD080C936A1 (Date: 02/1993) Cooling side Trane XE78: TXCO36C4HPB0 (date H06) Heat...

View more questions Search