Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    curtismark Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 16, 2008, 10:04 PM
    Old Lennox thermostat to Honeywell.
    This is same another question but not understanding. I am trying to replace a heat pump thermostat on a fuel master plus 1-1. The heatpump has LP furnace for back up heat. It was a Lennox Thermostat and I am replacing with a Honeywell. On the Lennox I have R, V, VR, F, M, L, A, Y, X. Honeywell is E, AUX, Y, G, O/B, L, R, and C. I need help. I have a terminal cross reference but do not see where to put A. The fuel master plus has a heat relay, blower relay, k-relay, another one not sure. I don't understand.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Dec 16, 2008, 10:14 PM
    The A is a new one on me and I have been around a long time. You or a On Site professional are going to have to track that wire down and see where it goes and what it controls then figure out where to put it.
    MarkwithaK Posts: 955, Reputation: 107

Dec 16, 2008, 10:17 PM

Better make sure you call a Trane dealer. Trane likes to be different from the rest of the industry. Don't be surprised to find out that your new stat isn't compatible with your system.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Replacing Lennox Thermostat with Honeywell Thermostat [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Lennox T90H110A137 Thermostat with the following terminal letters and wire colors: G - blue wire F - red wire C - green wire H - yellow wire V - white wire I want to install a Honeywell RTH6300B Thermostat. According to the RTH6300B Installation guide, it tells me to ignore wire...

Lennox thermostat replacement with Honeywell-wiring [ 2 Answers ]

I am trying to replace a heat pump thermostat. It was a Lennox Thermostat and I am replacing with a Honeywell R TH3100C. The letter wiring designations do not match up. On the Lennox I had R, V, F, M, L, A, Y, X the E (did not have any wiring hooked to it). My options on the Honeywell is E, AUX, Y,...

Replace lennox thermostat with new honeywell RTH7400 [ 1 Answers ]

My old thermostat is to be replaced by a newer honeywell programmable RTH7400. The wires on my Lennox are as follows: O,G,Y1,R,L,T- ( jumpered to C ),W1,E. The W1 wire is connected to the old thermostat. Pretty easy here, but the T is not used anymore and the Y1, W1 wires ire throwing me off?...

Lennox to honeywell thermostat [ 3 Answers ]

Im trying to replace a lennox therostat with a honeywell - the heat is working but the air is NOT When I wired the new thermostat the wire marked with w1 and o from the lennox did not match up - the instructions showed the wires both going to the same place - I hooked up the w1 and taped off the...

Lennox thermostat with Honeywell RTH7400 [ 1 Answers ]

Replaceing Lennox thermostat with Honeywell RTH7400 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------------IF I CONNECT THE O THEN WHERE WILL THE W1...

View more questions Search