Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Padre01 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 16, 2008, 08:52 PM
    Lennox Whisper Heat G20 - Need control board
    Model # g20-q314-100-1
    Serial # 5890A05729

Need a control board for this furnace. The Q314 in the Model# may be Q3/4. The auto setting on the thermostat will not activate the blower fan. I had an HVAC guy come out and diagnose and this is what he told me. Is a Lennox part the only way to go? Can it be gotten from another source? Are there any used parts out there on the market? Brother can you spare a circuit board? I don't want to break anything but there is a limit sensor that someone suggested that I clean because it may get hot and limit out so no fan. Is this something that is pretty straightforward? The fan is running 24/7 at this point and the heat is staying a reasonable level but I want to get it back to normal function. I appreciate any and all help. Thanks.

Frank
    KC13 Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 99
    Ultra Member

Dec 16, 2008, 09:06 PM

If memory serves me... what was I saying? Oh yeah, blower control is a timed function of the circuit board and starts when pilot is proven. Having said that, sounds like a bad board. Sorry. P.S. It's 3/4
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Dec 16, 2008, 09:12 PM
    Lennox board is the way to go. You could use a universal White Rodgers/Honeywell but you better pay a pro to change it over.
    MarkwithaK Posts: 955, Reputation: 107

Dec 16, 2008, 10:04 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by hvac1000 View Post
    Lennox board is the way to go.
    *sigh* Unfortunately.
    Ultra Member

Dec 16, 2008, 10:05 PM

Wait a minute, maybe a paper clip...
    MarkwithaK Posts: 955, Reputation: 107

Dec 16, 2008, 10:07 PM

I'm pretty sure paper clips were OEM on all Lennox.
    Ultra Member

Dec 16, 2008, 10:09 PM

Yes, they proved to be more cost-effective than the previously-used diaper pins.
    hvac13b Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 29, 2012, 04:59 PM
    I am kind of having the same issue the unit fires up but the blower doesn't come on I have already changed out the blower ckt board but still no blower. I need help please... would the ignition modual make it turn the fan on.
    M/n-G20Q3E-75-1
    S/N-5891A00664

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lennox Ignition Pilot Control Module [ 3 Answers ]

My problem with my Lennox furnace (model G23Q-3/4-100-2) is blowing cool air, and only occasionally heat was diagnosed as needing a Universal Pilot Module, part #53L9001 also known as 53L90. Question, if we purchase the part how difficult is the installation?

Lennox G20 2a fuse on circuit board blows [ 8 Answers ]

The 2a fast blow fuse blows immediately on this G20e. Can not tell from schematic what the cause might be. Anybody have this problem before. What part or parts need to be replaced? Cost of parts? (this is the fuse on the circuit board that is visible when the fron covers are off the...

Lennox Oil Furnace Circuit Board Part Number [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Lennox Oil Fired Furnace. Model: O23Q3-105/120-2A I need to replace the circuit board. Does anyone know the part number for that board? Thanks, Bill

20 yr old Lennox heat pump fan blows constantly in heat mode [ 5 Answers ]

20 year old Lennox heat pump - outside temps been 30's at night, 40's daytime UPDATE: I went outside and the unit is covered in frost on 3 sides! I've been reading on Google about frosted heat pump units and can't determine how to manually defrost it. Apparently, the auto defrost is not...

Heat pump wiring?control board [ 2 Answers ]

I got a call for replacing a T-stat... (for home). The York heat pump... after replace with the new one. I found the blown fuse at the airhandler... changed... now I have the blower up and now the electric heat is temporarily used but the unit outside is not running... In heating mode : the unit...

View more questions Search