Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ayclerc Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 4, 2006, 05:58 PM
    Carrier 58STA090 - Hunter 44760
    I have a Carrier 58STA 090 with 8 colored wired and currently a Robertshaw 9200 thermostat. Just bought a Hunter 44760 thermostat and am having a hard time connecting:

Robertshaw old connection:
    W White
    Y Yellow
    G Green
    Rc Red

Carrier wires: 8

Current 44760 connection:
    R Red
    G Green
    O Orange
    W White
    C Yellow

Seems incorrect to put Yellow on C but it is the only way the system would turn on.

System is on, but only fan is blowing, no AC. Please help
    letmetellu Posts: 3,151, Reputation: 317
    Ultra Member

Sep 22, 2009, 06:50 PM

Try connecting the wires as follows;

Red to the Rh terminal on thermostat with a jumper going to Rc

Yellow to the Y terminal

Green to the G terminal

White to the w therminal.

Now go to the furnace or air handler, whichever you have and check the wires on the low voltage terminal board.

They should be connected as follows.

Red from thermostat to the R terminal.

White on the W terminal

Green on the G terminal

Yellow on the Y terminal.

Now you will have two wires left that run to the AC condensing unit. Connect one of them to the Com on the terminal board.
    Connect the other wire from the AC to the Y terminal that already has a yellow wire on it.

This should make you AC run when the thermostat calls for cool. And heat if it calls for heat.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Carrier vs. Frigidaire? [ 2 Answers ]

I have a few quotes from some a/c companies to put a new system in my house because my current system is 20+ years old and is working against me at this point. I have propane heat and want to get electric because of the rising gas prices. The total sq. footage is approx 2600... the two estimates...

Carrier to Hunter wiring [ 2 Answers ]

I recently moved into an apartment with a very old Carrier thermostat (I think, too old to tell what it is). The wiring of this current unit is as follows: R O G1 Y W2 C I would like to exchange this unit for a Hunter programmable thermostat with the following terminals:

Wire connection from lennox 21J7101 to a hunter 44760 [ 1 Answers ]

What to do with the T (purple) wire on the lennox when switching to the hunter? Lennox 21J7101 3AAT89B38D

Problems with Hunter 44760 [ 2 Answers ]

This summer I replaced the mechanical thermostat on my AC/heat pump (an old Amana unit) with a Hunter 44760. Everything went well during the summer months. A few days ago, the weather in the area turned cold, and I switched the hunter to heat. Everything seemed to be working correctly...

Baystat240 to Hunter 44760 Thermostat Conversion [ 2 Answers ]

Switching over from Weathertron Baystat240 to Hunter 44760. Current wiring on Baystat is: R: Red T: Brown O: Orange G: Green Y: Yellow X2: Vacant B: Blue W: (jumpered to U): White

View more questions Search