Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jokuttyusa Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 23, 2008, 01:20 PM
    Heating not blowing in AUTO position
    I have a gas heating system with a manual thermostat. The blower does not come on in the AUTO position. It works on ON position. Do I need to replace the thermostat with an electronic one?
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Nov 23, 2008, 04:42 PM
    The thermostat is not at fault. The furnace has a component that controls the fan on the heat side. It is usually called a fan and limit control but sometimes just a fan control relay.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why is my furnace not blowing heat when in auto? [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I turned on my heat this year and worked great. For the last couple days I haven't heard the heat kick in. I hit the reset switch and it kicked on and then went off, haven't heard it again. I turned the heat on fan. The fan kicks on right away but seams to be blowing out cold air not warm....

Air Handler Auto Position [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I am having an issue with my Air Handler. I just had a yearly service done on the unit both Heat Pump and Air Handler. It was recommended that I replace the thermostat, which I did with a Honeywell and still have the same problems. I'm sure I have it wired correctly, even confirming it...

Heating unit blowing cold air [ 1 Answers ]

I would like to know why my unit is blowing cold air when it is set on HEAT?:confused:

My furnace/heating. It's blowing cold air! [ 2 Answers ]

URGENT! Please help... my furnace started blowing nothing but cold air yesterday. I tried locating the filter but couldn't find it anywhere. If you can help me please respond!

View more questions Search