Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hxn Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 19, 2008, 02:03 PM
    Goodman gas furnace symptoms
    Hello everyone,

I am new here so please excuse me if the following questions have been asked before.

We have a Goodman GMT/GMTH gas furnace and it seems not working right, in fact not at all. The furnace is about 3 years old.

1. First question: The thermostat is set at 65F, but we want to raise the temp by setting the thermostat to 75F. After setting the new temp, the furnace fan comes on, after maybe 5 sec, I think the gas is ignited, can’t see the flame because of the cover, but I can smell a little gas fume. The fan in the furnace runs for about 3 minutes then the whole furnace shuts down, quiet, and there is never any warm air blowing out the vents in the bedrooms. The fan setting on the thermostat is at Auto mode. I don’t know what is wrong with the furnace. There is a J-100 drain pan safety switch, which is screwed on the side of the pan. When I touch/push the sponge down or just rocking the switch a little, the furnace would come on, and then it would cease operation in a few minutes. Is the safety switch malfunction too?

2. Second question: When the fan setting on the thermostat is On, it takes about 1 minute for the fan to work and force cold air through the vent in the bedrooms. I thought at the instance when the fan is set to On at the thermostat, the furnace fan should start blowing air into the room immediately, even when the furnace is not heating up and warm air?

Thanks for any help!

Howard
    juggallojed Posts: 165, Reputation: 10

Nov 19, 2008, 06:53 PM

Read our faq

I think this is an eyes on situation

With the limited info provided

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Goodman furnace gmp [ 7 Answers ]

Ok. I can turn the thermostat to 72 and it will stay on 64 with the fan blowing constant. Burners aren't firing. On the control board for the furnace, there is a trouble shooting light that blinks to tell you what is wrong. It blinks four times which indicates an "Open Limit Switch", and it tells...

Goodman furnace GMNT080-4 furnace runs good for a while then has to be manually reset [ 5 Answers ]

I have a Goodman GMNT080-4 (90%). I'm having the same problem As Streatherg did back in the Nov 2006 question. I reviewed his article and tried Every thing on there but seems to be doing the same thing. The furnace kicks on for about an hour then locks out and has to be manually reset threw...

Goodman furnace [ 2 Answers ]

Goodman furnace circuit board has heat and cool. No wires to heat but wires to cool. Is there sopposed be a wire from fan to heat? Just installed new fan and a/c works, just tried to turn on the heat and it went on for a while than shut off. What's up with that? Please help...

Goodman Furnace w/AC [ 1 Answers ]

I am replacing my 28 year old furnace with a Goodman furnace and an AC unit. Never had central air before. I have read conflicting reports on the quality of the Goodman line and wondering if I am making the right purchase. I am getting a 95% efficient, 90,000 BTU, 2 stage heating with a variable...

Goodman gas furnace [ 1 Answers ]

I have a newly installed Goodman gas furnace.It's 93%efficiency natural gas ,forced air,model #capf3o30b6ah Does not blow out very warm air , is this normal.

View more questions Search