Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chrisdannie Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 19, 2008, 07:21 AM
    Whistle sound from furnace
    I have a Goodman furnace in an 850 sq ft house that is practically brand new. When the furnace kicks on it sounds like it is going to start blowing hot air, then the furnace quiets, then starts up again. After about five minutes of running a loud whistle is coming from the unit. It sounds like it is around the flue gas pipe exiting out the roof. The furnace kicks off before the temperature I set is reached. Please help, I really don't have the money to have someone come out to look at it. Thanks, Chris
    juggallojed Posts: 165, Reputation: 10

Nov 19, 2008, 07:03 PM

Check your filter and check for air leaks

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Knocking sound from furnace exhaust [ 2 Answers ]

I hear knocking sounds on the roof when the furnace is running every morning, why?

93' Honda Accord makes whistle sound [ 1 Answers ]

Anyone know why a 93' honda accord would make a constant whistle sound? After the engine warms up to normal tempature and I drive it for more than 20 minutes it begins to make a constant whistle sound when idling, but as I accelerate it stops. When I look under the hood it sounds like its coming...

Odd Sound After Furnace Turns Off [ 6 Answers ]

Hey All, I hope you can answer my question and set my mind at ease :) After my furnace turns off (the very second) it makes this "creak" or low vibrato deflating kind of sound. It usually happens twice back to back. It never did that before and it just started this year. Should I be concerned? I...

Sound in Tub when Furnace is on [ 4 Answers ]

When the furnace turns on there is a loud gurgling sound that comes from the tub drain. The tub is on the other side of the wall where the furnace is. There is no sound in the closet where the furnace is just in the tub. What is this? Should I be concerned?

View more questions Search