Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lilmess83 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 8, 2008, 06:21 PM
    Furnace blows cool air through vents
    Ignitors never ignite and the furnace never lights.. no burnt wires, the purge switch (negative switch) works, what could be the problem??
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Nov 8, 2008, 08:27 PM
    Defective ignitor
    No voltage from the circuit board to the ignitor.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Furnace blowing cool air through vents [ 5 Answers ]

The other night my husband had turned the heat way up because he was cold. I turned it down because it was too hot. Ever since then I turn the thermostat up and select it to heat to 75 , but all the vents blow is cool air and the thermostat stays at 67 or 68 degrees. It is a programmable...

Furnace blows cool air [ 2 Answers ]

I have a new American Standard energy efficient 2-stage furnace installed. When it kicks on the air feels cool. The house does eventually warm up to the correct temperature but I have to keep it at a higher temperature to feel warm. Do the new energy efficient furnaces kick out cooler air? My...

Gas furnace lights, goes off after a minute or so, then blows cool air [ 6 Answers ]

We just noticed this problem today, on the coldest day it has been this winter. Don't know if the cold has anything to do with this issue or not, but I don't think so after reading through the forum. The problem appears to be that our furnace (about 15-20 years old, Magic Chef/Comfortmaker Ultra II...

My furnace only blows cool air [ 2 Answers ]

I just bought a townhouse, and last weekend the furnace worked fine. Now, all that I get out of the registers is cool air. The furnace ran almost all night, but no warm air at all. What might the problem be?

Furnace blows cool air [ 4 Answers ]

We have a ducane gas furnace that has blown cool air ever since it was installed, which has been for at least 5 years now. The past owner of this house has covered the only cold air return in our living room floor and we have since opened or created a cold air return in the basement for the time...

View more questions Search